mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow. These "days off" are exhausting. Hopefully the chicken-wire fence I just put up will keep BK and his roving pack of nibblers at bay for a while. Had to replant half the damn garden again!

I am down two more tomato plants tonight. One chewed off and one sucked into the ground from underneath. Cucumbers, zucchini and butternut are all sprouting now.

Mom always brings this crap up. Sometimes I just don't get it.:laugh:

Me???? :draw:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I saw Frosty posting in one of the fishing threads the other day. He and Nate seem to have abandoned us.

Frosty PM me a few weeks ago about helping him restore an old family rifle he had. I was agreeable to help but he never pursued it. I was going to do the work Pro-Bono for him.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    OK.....

We have a huge Ground Hog (I think) by daughters description roaming around in the very early AM and I have no idea how it is getting inside the fence. I may post up with the pellet rifle tomorrow morning.

We saw a groundhog in the back yard while eating supper about a week ago, but I haven't seen any evidence of it in the garden and doubt it could get through that fence. We had a few deer in the yard this evening and the biggest turkey I have ever seen was wandering through the other morning. I still have my five guineas but they have stayed out of the garden so far.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    OK.....

We have a huge Ground Hog (I think) by daughters description roaming around in the very early AM and I have no idea how it is getting inside the fence. I may post up with the pellet rifle tomorrow morning.

You need to borrow this?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm pretty sure we've got what we need here. Hubby shoots them with the 22 quite frequently if they are causing damage. He said he chased it out of the tractor shed and filled in the hole it had made in there. I haven't seen it since then. If that won't work, I'm sure the 223 would destroy it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I always play the Kenny Loggin's song from "Caddyshack" when I'm groundhog hunting. It seems to help.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I always play the Kenny logins song from "Caddyshack" when I'm groundhog hunting. It seems to help.

As a kid we busted a butt load of ground hog. Aunt would cook-em up. .22 at 100 then I got my first 22 Mag and we stretched it out to 150. The mag would bust-em up.
    My uncle sold me his .257 Roberts and it was on then.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    CM, what is the best out of the box 1911? They are forcing OT again. I like to broaden my horizons after seeing you with a Glock. You're making me grow. :D

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    As a kid we busted a butt load of ground hog. Aunt would cook-em up. .22 at 100 then I got my first 22 Mag and we stretched it out to 150. The mag would bust-em up.
    My uncle sold me his .257 Roberts and it was on then.

The trigger on that gun sucks, it'a a 50 yd toy. It was on my list to "clean up" over the winter, but we know how lists work.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM, what is the best out of the box 1911? They are forcing OT again. I like to broaden my horizons after seeing you with a Glock. You're making me grow. :D

Depends on what you are wanting. I still believe for the money that a Springfield RO is a great shooter. The Springer Loaded is a sweet offering as well. For a wee-bit of time and money they will run with most anything and shoot better than most who are holding them.

As for growing....we do what we can....:):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I always play the Kenny Loggin's song from "Caddyshack" when I'm groundhog hunting. It seems to help.

I loved that movie. We don't care if anyone hears the 22 going off here. It is pretty common with all the coons and possums that end up in the live traps.

I have yet to see it, its a good sized deer, judging by the prints.

Here is what I do on my garden. These are plastic shopping bags hung on the fence (just looped through the handle around the wire) and then cut vertically so they don't hold water if it rains. I spray them with stinky air freshener from the dollar store but I think the flapping in the wind is enough to scare the deer away. They used to get in my garden all the time. Now, I never see them closer than about 15 to 20 feet from the fence. No tracks any closer than that either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom