Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I must be the exception to the rule. Never ever got too attached to a job. 5 years was about my limit anywhere I worked. My trade allowed me some great flexibility. Never was hard to say "Adios"

I'm only attached to the paycheck. Turns out nobody wants to hire an old broken down sailor. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm only attached to the paycheck. Turns out nobody wants to hire an old broken down sailor. ;)

What is it you specialize in???

I found out a long time ago that "Good" HVAC techs can roll when they see the need.
    Small companys can be great and then go straight up suck in a heart beat. There is a cycle to these things and am very acute at seeing the signs.

Believe me, I was only in it for the money.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Let's see, cruise missile engagements, anti-submarine warfare, shooting down airplanes, navigation, some entry level cryptology, security, and convincing insufferably egotistical people that my ideas are actually their ideas.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    We were recovering aircraft most of the night. It takes an awful lot of people and gear to keep one squadron flying.

Well, two squadrons. Can't fly planes without helos.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Had a good news/bad news morning.

Good new, I still report directly to the CEO. They hired a new guy as VP Marketing and I was afraid my reporting structure was going to change. The only way to make sure things will get done is to report directly.
    Bad news, I gotta spend a couple of days in Pittsburgh next week.:(

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well, if you are a baseball fan I can tell you the stadium is beautiful. They have an Outback Steakhouse where you can sit and have a steak while watching the game.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had a good news/bad news morning.

Good new, I still report directly to the CEO. They hired a new guy as VP Marketing and I was afraid my reporting structure was going to change. The only way to make sure things will get done is to report directly.
    Bad news, I gotta spend a couple of days in Pittsburgh next week.:(

Ugh....I do not like the area. People out that way do suck as a general rule.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I must be the exception to the rule. Never ever got too attached to a job. 5 years was about my limit anywhere I worked. My trade allowed me some great flexibility. Never was hard to say "Adios"
    I'm on the other end of the spectrum...35 years in the same place. I learned that I need to be adaptive to change though. Pay isn't great but the benefits are decent and the people are great.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    When you reach 25 years you get a nice watch and recognized for your dedication. I told myself when I get the watch I will know it was time to leave. I got the watch and it never worked so I never left. Apparently The powers that be didn't want me to leave :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom