KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    There is a lizard in my garage.
    I had to work late, and the wife sent me a text saying she had a new pet. She saw, then caught a lizard, and had it sitting in a glass when I got home. Gotta love hillbilly women.

We named it Henry, then I released it to the wilds of my garage.

I have a lizard in my garage, just sayin'

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    There is a lizard in my garage.
    I had to work late, and the wife sent me a text saying she had a new pet. She saw, then caught a lizard, and had it sitting in a glass when I got home. Gotta love hillbilly women.

We named it Henry, then I released it to the wilds of my garage.

I have a lizard in my garage, just sayin'

Sure, sure...that is a very entertaining story.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    And with that, I killed the "Status Update Thread".

I had to go call the cat in for the night. Apparently, it is cold enough that she was ready to come in. I barely said her name and she was in the door. The last several nights I have had to call her for at least 30 minutes.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You get all the cats taken care of?

For now. I don't know what to do with Lucky. We have spent so much on him at the vet and at this point, there is nothing they can really do. Last summer when he wasn't eating, they told me his teeth were so rotten they had to come out. He howled in pain every time he tried to eat and the infection had actually caused his one eye to completely cloud over before we realized it was his teeth. They pulled almost every tooth he had and a few weeks ago, he again quit eating. We got pain medication and steroids as his gums are inflamed. It isn't his teeth that are left...he has gum disease that isn't going to go away. He is 16 and losing weight and I'm making him broth and soaking his food in it. Even canned food hurts him. My husband thought I had made chicken soup today for dinner cause I had a huge pot on the stove. I told him it was for the cat and he looked disappointed but understood.

I know that decision is coming...it's just hard to make when the darn cat is bouncing around looking so active and alert. If he was lethargic and laying around all the time looking sick, I could do it without a problem. I cannot take a bouncy cat to the vet and ask to have him put down. I just cannot do it. So...I will cook for him and baby him a bit longer I guess. He will let me know when it is time.

The rest are all doing well. Leroy has settled in and just loves me. He helps me in the garden and in the yard and follows me like a dog. He loves to be picked up and looks much healthier than he did when he arrived. His coat is sleek and soft and his yucky ear is almost cleared up. He is getting along with the other cats pretty well and shows no signs of wanting to leave so I guess he is ours. I haven't seen the other stray that showed up with him since it has warmed up so maybe he has moved on.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am calling it a night guys. I have a morning meeting and then off to visit the neighbor lady.

Tomorrow night is wine and crochet night. I think this could turn into a weekly event!

Have a good one guys...:buddies:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I know you have been doing a lot for Lucky. He sure seem happy.

He zips in the house every time we open the door. He doesn't get to stay in though since he tends to want to mark his territory and I am not going to deal with that in the house. I think we both know that the time is coming so if I see him suffering, I will do what needs to be done. I'm not going to let him linger when I know there is nothing more I can do or he quits eating everything completely.

Good night Greg. I'm glad you all don't think I am totally nuts with my kitties. I know we treat them better than a lot of folks do, but they are our pets.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom