• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Just got back from Bynum's Steakhouse. Some of the best steaks in town and no waiting. What they call steak for 2 looks more like steak for 6 to me. The leftovers amount to more than the entire meal at most places.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Just got back from Bynum's Steakhouse. Some of the best steaks in town and no waiting. What they call steak for 2 looks more like steak for 6 to me. The leftovers amount to more than the entire meal at most places.

I've heard of that place but never been there...guess I'll have to check it out sometime.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Supr, I could read that malware image you posted. I made a trouble ticket at my host and they'll want to know what the warning messages are saying.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'm falling asleep at the keyboard. I got up too early today, and need to do it again tomorrow. :faint:

See you good people later, and you too db!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ah yeah...

Well unless the malware is a server-wide issue [usually, it's not] more than likely they'll tell you that it's up to you to resolve. Sucuri.net is a great tool but costs money - usually worth it if your site makes any money - usually not if it's a hobby.

More often than not it's a result of not keeping everything up-to-date.

May want to give this a look [it's good info regardless]: It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you keep all of your scripts UP TO DATE! - General Announcements - MDDHosting Forums

Short version: Keep everything up-to-date including all scripts, themes, plugins, hacks, hooks, etc. Even a 'disabled' plugin or theme can be used to compromise your account/data if it's vulnerable. Many think updates just bring new features while the truth is more often than not they include security patches/fixes for vulnerabilities as well.

I deal with this every day and have for almost a decade now - so I have a fair grasp of it :). If you need some help and I have free time let me know - generally I consult at $150/hour but I'm happy to help for free so long as I have the free time.

Edit: Oh - and only use encrypted connections like FTPS/sFTP etc... If you do use un-encrypted [like standard FTP without encryption] rotate the password regularly [preferably after every use].

Beyond all of that always keep a recent off-site [off-provider] backup of your data if it's important to you regardless of who your provider is or what they promise you unless you're willing to lose it all.

www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=www.db1959.net

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Ingo member Kawtech's family owns that place and he is a Soo chef there.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Ah yeah...

Well unless the malware is a server-wide issue [usually, it's not] more than likely they'll tell you that it's up to you to resolve. Sucuri.net is a great tool but costs money - usually worth it if your site makes any money - usually not if it's a hobby.

More often than not it's a result of not keeping everything up-to-date.

May want to give this a look [it's good info regardless]: It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you keep all of your scripts UP TO DATE! - General Announcements - MDDHosting Forums

Short version: Keep everything up-to-date including all scripts, themes, plugins, hacks, hooks, etc. Even a 'disabled' plugin or theme can be used to compromise your account/data if it's vulnerable. Many think updates just bring new features while the truth is more often than not they include security patches/fixes for vulnerabilities as well.

I deal with this every day and have for almost a decade now - so I have a fair grasp of it :). If you need some help and I have free time let me know - generally I consult at $150/hour but I'm happy to help for free so long as I have the free time.

Thanks Mike. I'll have a look at it. I'm sure I'll questions. people didn't have this problem until I let my host expire. I renewed it last week and that's when people started getting malware warnings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom