Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Still looking at flag forums stuff. :faint:
    I have found flags signed by soldiers, athletes, politicians including US presidents, astronauts etc.
    They are all a bunch of evil terrorists according to the US Flag Code. :scratch:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Still looking at flag forums stuff. :faint:
    I have found flags signed by soldiers, athletes, politicians including US presidents, astronauts etc.
    They are all a bunch of evil terrorists according to the US Flag Code. :scratch:

Flag Code also states that flags shouldn't be carried horizontally, which happens at many sporting events including the Superbowl. Also, flags shouldn't be be incorporated into clothing items, which is done at every Olympics. Perhaps it's just out dated? :dunno:. I know the code is US law, but there are no penalties for violations due to 1st Amendment.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I can't give any opinion on that as I know very little about flag code

Well the flag code is clear about it. :dunno:
    It's just that people think it's still okay to do it as long as you dont write "death to America!" on it.
    Some think that writing anything is just bad and disrespectul.

What to think of this flag, placed by French children, on a US grave during a school visit to a WW2 American cemetary? :dunno:

520px-American_Flag_and_Cross_in_Normandy_American_Cemetery_and_Memorial.jpg

Disrespectul or sweet? :scratch:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Flag Code also states that flags shouldn't be carried horizontally, which happens at many sporting events including the Superbowl. Also, flags shouldn't be be incorporated into clothing items, which is done at every Olympics. Perhaps it's just out dated? :dunno:. I know the code is US law, but there are no penalties for violations due to 1st Amendment.

Yeah I thought US flag bikinis or panties. :n00b:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well the flag code is clear about it. :dunno:
    It's just that people think it's still okay to do it as long as you dont write "death to America!" on it.
    Some think that writing anything is just bad and disrespectul.

What to think of this flag, placed by French children, on a US grave during a school visit to a WW2 American cemetary? :dunno:

520px-American_Flag_and_Cross_in_Normandy_American_Cemetery_and_Memorial.jpg

Disrespectul or sweet? :scratch:

It's likely that French children don't know or understand the flag code. In any case their hearts were in the right place and it is a very sweet gesture.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Sylvain here is my take on everything.... take it or leave it... just my thoughts

The US Flag is very sacred to me... Those Red stripes represent the blood that was and will be shed to ensure liberty and justice for all. It represents a little of my blood and it represents all of the blood of a few friends of mine that I shall never see again. Their checks to this great nation were cash for full value of "including their lives". My check wasnt really cashed but just used as collateral.

I believe in my heart and with every ounce of my being that our American flag transcends all and represents all that is good and worth dying for. It transcends every organization or group that uses it and even in its darkest hours will still shine a guiding light to liberty.

I believe that because I was willing to die for it and my friends did. being in the service of what that flag stands for is the definition of selfless service and honor.

If every stripe, star or color on that Flag represents the epitome and pure definition of goodness and Justness how could adding anything else but more stars benefit or advance it.

I believe in my heart that we should honor the sacrifices of others by honoring the flag code and enforcing the flag code.

Men died to ensure that our laws stay just and our means stay honorable so to set aside those laws and just means is to belittle or to set aside their sacrifice.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sylvain here is my take on everything.... take it or leave it... just my thoughts

The US Flag is very sacred to me... Those Red stripes represent the blood that was and will be shed to ensure liberty and justice for all. It represents a little of my blood and it represents all of the blood of a few friends of mine that I shall never see again. Their checks to this great nation were cash for full value of "including their lives". My check wasnt really cashed but just used as collateral.

I believe in my heart and with every ounce of my being that our American flag transcends all and represents all that is good and worth dying for. It transcends every organization or group that uses it and even in its darkest hours will still shine a guiding light to liberty.

I believe that because I was willing to die for it and my friends did. being in the service of what that flag stands for is the definition of selfless service and honor.

If every stripe, star or color on that Flag represents the epitome and pure definition of goodness and Justness how could adding anything else but more stars benefit or advance it.

I believe in my heart that we should honor the sacrifices of others by honoring the flag code and enforcing the flag code.

Men died to ensure that our laws stay just and our means stay honorable so to set aside those laws and just means is to belittle or to set aside their sacrifice.

I respect that and respect the US flag even though it's not my country's flag.
    It's why I'm asking people's input before doing something who could offend people.
    I got some good ideas already who could still include a flag without signing it. :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom