• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    My brother in law actually SOLD the bullet feeder for his Ammo Plant and used the money to stock up on components. If you're not in the competition circuit or selling "Gunshow Reloads", the feeder is a rather large expense for a very non-essential function.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did find a short block for one of my "more experienced" pieces of lawn equipment. Now do I spend the $40+ shipping on it.....

How big is the motor???

I put a Chinese copy of a Honda motor on my 48 year old tiller last year. Took a bit of fabricating but no welding. That things tears it up now and starts every time. Under $200 for the motor at Harbor freight.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Look at an after market engine unless you are restoring the equipment. Just throwing that out there.

The one I'm looking at is NOS. I have the old engine (valves seats are shot), but everything else is good. I don't have to mod anything; plug and play. This particular engine is odd, all aluminum, no sleeve or seats.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The one I'm looking at is NOS. I have the old engine (valves seats are shot), but everything else is good. I don't have to mod anything; plug and play. This particular engine is odd, all aluminum, no sleeve or seats.

If the seats are shot so are the valves. Rings will be needed as well and gaskets but you already know this.........:)

I know a lot about our good fried from Briggs.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    If the seats are shot so are the valves. Rings will be needed as well and gaskets but you already know this.........:)

I know a lot about our good fried from Briggs.

That's how this project started. I got the rings, valves, etc. only to find out the obvious.

I should say it has all the internals minus the head.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's how this project started. I got the rings, valves, etc. only to find out the obvious.

I should say it has all the internals minus the head.

Got it.
    I have spent a few evenings helping the wizards of Briggs coax serious power from the older i" side shaft Briggs 5 HP block. They run these in go karts and junior dragsters. There is an accurate Dyno that is purpose built for these not far from me. I have seen in excess of 20 HP from a Briggs with a near stock head on gasoline. Nothing internally stock but outward appearances were stock to the untrained eye. Until it was started.

On Alcohol the numbers are doubled but the engine has nothing stock about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom