• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Touched up chipped paint at the edge of the door on the new truck - almost can't tell I fixed it but irritated none-the-less because I didn't do it [I've literally never parked next to anybody] and I know it wasn't there when I took delivery [checked door edges].

99.99% sure it happened at the dealership when they changed my oil. Will make sure to check over the door edges when I pick it up next time.

Sometimes I hate being OCD but, that said, I try to keep my nice things nice.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Honestly, this will be a scouting trip to Profire. I know 0% of what there is to know about reloading. So it will be educational.
    Reloading isn't bad so long as you have no issues with paying attention to the fine details. Being just a small bit off in your powder load can create havoc [or worse, blow up a gun / injure you or others].

Personally I suggest starting with a manual turret press at most.

Andrew is great and I'm sure he will point you in the right direction. Just don't be afraid to ask questions!

Last edited:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Touched up chipped paint at the edge of the door on the new truck - almost can't tell I fixed it but irritated none-the-less because I didn't do it [I've literally never parked next to anybody] and I know it wasn't there when I took delivery [checked door edges].

99.99% sure it happened at the dealership when they changed my oil. Will make sure to check over the door edges when I pick it up next time.

Sometimes I hate being OCD but, that said, I try to keep my nice things nice.
    That's not OCD. That's taking care of your investment.

Good evening Mike

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Reloading isn't bad so long as you have no issues with paying attention to the fine details. Being just a small bit off in your powder load can create havoc [or worse, blow up a gun / injure you or others].

Personally I suggest starting with a manual turret press at most.

Andrew is great and I'm sure he won't point you in the right direction. Just don't be afraid to ask questions!
    May want to look over your post Sir.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Andrew is great and I'm sure he won't point you in the right direction.

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    That's not OCD. That's taking care of your investment.

Good evening Mike
    I didn't have any color matched paint so as soon as I saw the chip I threw some clear over it just to seal it up [couldn't tell if it was through primer or not, seems my eyes aren't so good anymore].

Dealer gave me a color matched touch-up bottle and I touched it up. If you look real close you can see where I touched it up but from more than 1ft away [or if you aren't specifically looking for this spot] you can't see it.

I may give it a wet sand and re-do it as the edge of the paint isn't even [a little bit of a dip where the center of the chip was and then a little bit of a bump around it from where I accidentally overlapped the paint]. As it stands I'm confident it won't rust and it's hard to see so I'm thinking I'll leave it be but it is the OCD in me that makes me want to re-do it in such a fashion that it's virtually impossible to see.

I know I have the skill to repair the chip without the repair being visible under scrutiny - I'm just not sure if I want to invest that much time on a part of the door that's likely never going to fall under such scrutiny. Even if it ever does - chips on the edge of the door are fairly common and it's not going to hurt resale value or anything :).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom