Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I drive through Russia and Alaska to get my .22 there, it's THAT good. :D
    I heard you can also use the discount code INGO to turn that 50% into 70% off! :faint:

Do you have an amphibicar? Watch out for avalanches in Alaska...it's bad up there this week with all of the melting they have going on.

Now you've done it. I heard that discount code was super secret. :nono:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I was helping a woman who didn't own any guns pick our a carry weapon. After letting her hold a bunch of guns, she was leaning towards a Ruger LC 380. The INGO guy came up, interrupted me, and interjected his opinion. That is one of my big pet peeves. If she didn't ask for your opinion keep it to yourself. :twocents:

He started ranting about 380 being worthless and underpowered. Apparently, a 40 is as small of a caliber as you should carry. I tend to agree about a 380 being less than ideal, but it was her choice. I showed her an LC 9, Shield, XDS, and an LCP so she had a bunch of options. Even this woman with little gun knowledge could tell he was a tool and basically told him that she'd buy what she wanted.

After his caliber suggestions were rebuffed, he moved onto carry methods. He kept giving suggestions about how she should carry when she got her "permit to conceal." According to him, she needed a "really good carry purse."

At this point, I was fed up. I told the guy, "Thanks, but I think we've got it. If you want to see a gun someone else would be more than happy to show you one. He still stayed next to her and kept babbling.

After this his point I went into a full blown rant and let him know that his opinions were neither needed, accurate, or appropriate. I told him that a comfortable 380 that you actually carry is better than a big 40 that's left at home. I also said to "read that piece of pink paper in his wallet" because it has neither the words "conceal" of "permit" printed on it. I informed him that according to the customer, she wanted to carry IWB. I let him know that it's idiotic to recommend carrying off person to someone who wants a gun on their person. Ending my rant, I told him that I know he doesn't respect GM and probably bashes us on INGO, but "it's obvious that this dumb Gander employee knows more than you." Finishing, I said that their is a lot of great info on INGO and that he should try reading it instead of passing off poorly reasoned opinions.

He he was wearing 5.11 tactical pants, a shirt with an AR on it, an INGO hat, and had a HUGE fixed blade knife on his belt.

If you are polite and have something good to contribute, I hag to problem with you helping with a customers decision. On the other hand, if all you want to do is rant about your personal opinions that are not rooted in facts and be rude, it's best to stay quiet. Some people just try to talk to new gun owners in order to make themselves look like experts of gurus.

It sounds like you were far more tactful than I would have been. I have looked at the concealed carry purses. Anyone who has seen them can pick them out a mile away...I've never seen any other purse with the zipper down the back of the pocket like that. I have found purses that are divided with a center pocket that doesn't zip shut to be much easier. I keep my 45 in that section where I can just reach in and pull it out very easily if needed. Most of the time, I carry on my person, but sometimes the purse is more easily concealable and more practical.

I'd rather carry a 22 sometimes over the 45 whether it is in my purse or on my person just because I can tuck it in any pocket or in my waistband very easily and comfortably. I've got an ankle holster but it just isn't easy to get my gun out of there if I needed it quickly.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    yesterday I posted that we are getting a bunch of this in the next few week or so:

We were just spreading the news to your stalker friend...we saw that but wanted to make sure that she got the message to be there at 3 A.M. for the super duper deals!

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I thought you were skinny.
    I'm not heavy. I'm 6 foot 1 and weigh around 190.
    We were just spreading the news to your stalker friend...we saw that but wanted to make sure that she got the message to be there at 3 A.M. for the super duper deals!
    Gotcha!:yesway:
    I'm now at the point where I should start considering a protective order against her.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Well, I am calling it a night. Daughter texted that it was very icy but she drove 40 all the way home and got there safely. She is even buying her new tires this week...I think these roads have helped convince her that crappy tires are no good.

Good night guys. Good luck with the dating scene, Aaron.

:shady:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Well, I am calling it a night. Daughter texted that it was very icy but she drove 40 all the way home and got there safely. She is even buying her new tires this week...I think these roads have helped convince her that crappy tires are no good.

Good night guys. Good luck with the dating scene, Aaron.

:shady:
    Have a good night. :wavey:

We will lurk again tomorrow. :shady:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom