Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have to shovel the snow off the family room roof today. If it melts at the rate I see coming it might overwhelm the gutters as they are full of ice. They were not installed properly (gutters) and are not flashed in correctly. I fear water backing up into the overhang and maybe in the walls.
    I need to run some of the heat cable they make for this. Keeps the gutters clear of ice.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Good morning :wavey: INGO does not need two members with caved in roofs. :D

I am at work filling in for my boss who blew a tire on I-70. He said he about :poop: himself when the plow went by. Didn't get my coffee or breakfast :faint:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Morning Mrs and CM. We're below zero again in NW. -5 . :rolleyes: Supposed to get to 17 today. We'll see.

I just need some of this snow to start melting so hubby can get his truck out. We worked on it a bit last night and he started having chest pains. I promptly put an end to that. I'll sneak out and shovel more tonight if I can get away with it. it's a long way from our house to the street in the alley, when your shoveling.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    damn, that does not sound fun at all

not something I would have thought about.

The family room was a self standing garage until we added on and made it part of the house. The previous owner (good friend) installed the gutters and I saw the snow melt back up in the areas I mentioned.
    Until we put on a new roof I can not put any flashing on so up we go. Not to terribly bad when I have an automatic shoveling machine...You have met him.....:)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    The family room was a self standing garage until we added on and made it part of the house. The previous owner (good friend) installed the gutters and I saw the snow melt back up in the areas I mentioned.
    Until we put on a new roof I can not put any flashing on so up we go. Not to terribly bad when I have an automatic shoveling machine...You have met him.....:)
    yes I have, he is a good model for shoveling snow. :lmfao:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Our house had a similar original design. Attached garage on the side of the house. They turned the garage into a family room, laundry room, half bath, and small bedroom, and then built another garage on the front of it.

I just saw an ad for salt tablets that you throw onto the edge of your roof to melt snow and ice. Don't know if they would work at these temps.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Issues.....:dunno:

no, checking thyroid and cholesterol levels and making sure my drugs are working as they should. this getting older **** sucks. pills everyday, blood tests every 6 mths. Arthur waking me up at all hours of the day and night. can't see crap, sometimes that's a good thing unless you step in it. I'm to youg to have to do this the rest of my life. :lmfao:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom