Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Power stayed on all night. :rockwoot:

My wife was supposed to go to work this morning. We decided that's not gonna happen. Don't want her to lose her job but its not worth risking her life to get there. Every report I see says the roads are ridiculous and the temps are still just plain stupid. We're going back to bed.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    roads are ridiculous because it is to cold for salt to be effective so they aren't putting it down, snow/ice packed roads, ridiculously cold temps. I've been on this earth a few years, other than '78 and there was a year in the mid 80's was bad, I don't remember anything like this

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    roads are ridiculous because it is to cold for salt to be effective so they aren't putting it down, snow/ice packed roads, ridiculously cold temps. I've been on this earth a few years, other than '78 and there was a year in the mid 80's was bad, I don't remember anything like this

It was not this cold in 78 was it?? I was outside for most of that deal and either I have forgotten or was to young to care......:coffee:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    It was not this cold in 78 was it?? I was outside for most of that deal and either I have forgotten or was to young to care......:coffee:

no, not this cold but the amount of snow blew this **** away. Of course I am remembering northern Indiana too. I don't know how much was here. I just remember looking out the front window and the front yard was as tall as the front of the house. No cars in the drive because they were buried in snow. no school for 2 weeks. Most people snowed in for 2 weeks. we got lucky a neighbor had to get into the plant he managed and they sent a plow out to get him out. That got us out. If that hadn't happened I don't know how long we'd have been in.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was in Connersville Ind. and it was nuts. If you had a good 4WD you could get to the end of town and the drifts across the fields were 8' to 10' high.

Not this cold as I remember.

I had to stoke up the wood stove yesterday to get the house right.
    Just built a fire.......:)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    oh yeah, all that starting my car did nothing. I waited to long last night and the battery was dead at 11pm. It has a trickle charger on it so I am hoping it starts this morning

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning CM. Any broken furnaces this morning???

Nope. I am currently on leave of absence....:)

I just got a call from SIL....they did not start my Navigator and it is near dead????
    I have to bail them out. Kids just will not listen. 30 year old kids at that......just idiotic. BBL

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    G'morning all. Started both cars in the garage and the work truck in the driveway. All 3 started up just fine. Called the boss, got another snow day because we have nothing going on and it's not worth going in! :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DJLouis
    Top Bottom