• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Hey, SD...I just saw this on facebook...think it would work for the trip to Sturgis?

1620432_10151855089375770_672342676_n.jpg
    That's AWSOME! You could just wake me up when we get there!!

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Backhoe mostly...he did all underground work. Water main and sewers all over Lake and Porter Counties. He did pipeline in Illinois for a while before we got together.

He likes to play in the dirt.
    We have a lot of local 150 guys in the mill, they work for IMS. Mostly slag removal!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Dang its cold! Installing a 6" gas service in Chicago. ...-4 with a windchill of -13 . Glad I'm not the operator, i get to sit in the truck till the ditch is dug and they'reready for us pipefitters!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We have a lot of local 150 guys in the mill, they work for IMS. Mostly slag removal!

He worked in the mill VERY briefly right out of high school and decided it was way too dirty and he didn't want to spend his life working in there. He loves being outside so outdoor work ended up being a good fit. He liked the backhoe for the most part. It isn't as boring as running a loader since most of what he did was deep stuff and he had to pay attention all the time to what he was doing. They always seemed to put him on the jobs where they were laying pipe 30 feet down and had to use the trench boxes and that sort of thing.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Dang its cold! Installing a 6" gas service in Chicago. ...-4 with a windchill of -13 . Glad I'm not the operator, i get to sit in the truck till the ditch is dug and they'reready for us pipefitters!

I'm surprised they have you working as cold as it is! My sister got called out for a job in Joliet and drove there the other day when all that lake effect was hitting. Got there only to be told to turn around and go back home....too cold for them to work. She lives in Wheatfield so that was a bit of an adventure. She's a union carpenter...mostly bridge work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom