Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was never the typical female...my husband has told me that many times. He always tells me I have way more common sense than most women. He also appreciates that he can say things to me that others might consider insensitive and I don't get moody and mad over it. His first wife apparently did not appreciate his sense of humor as I do. I just give it right back to him. We are a somewhat sarcastic household so my daughter did at least learn to deal with that and realized that she couldn't take things that were said too personally. I just wonder how many cars she will go through before she realizes that fluids in the engine are important, air in the tires is important, working brakes are important...you get the idea.

Growing up in a racing family my kids did pay attention to those details. Not dummy's about maint. and when funny noises or activity came up I got an immediate call.
    The daughter never saw issue with loaning her (my) vehicle or cell phone. Had no idea why I went ape :poop: when I caught her non-licensed idiot boy friend driving her truck. He came to understand very quickly the error of his ways.
    Now that she is a mother of 3 she see's the world through a completely different set of eye balls.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Growing up in a racing family my kids did pay attention to those details. Not dummy's about maint. and when funny noises or activity came up I got an immediate call.
    The daughter never saw issue with loaning her (my) vehicle or cell phone. Had no idea why I went ape :poop: when I caught her non-licensed idiot boy friend driving her truck. He came to understand very quickly the error of his ways.
    Now that she is a mother of 3 she see's the world through a completely different set of eye balls.

My husband and I are both sticklers on the vehicles. I wasn't allowed to drive until I could check all the fluids, change the oil, change a tire, jump a battery, etc. When my daughter blew the engine in her first car because the hot light came on and she just kept driving until it DIED, I wanted to kill her! It was a good car in excellent shape until she started driving it and rear ended one person, backed into a tree using her "other rear view mirror"....etc. I still won't ride with her! She makes me a nervous wreck and I am a HORRIBLE passenger. I drive her crazy, but I consider it my job to do so :laugh:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Can you just cable in a remote keyboard to a laptop. I am sure I have heard/seen this done before......:dunno:
    I can look into that
    My son does that. He has a wireless keyboard he uses cause he likes the full size keyboard better. I was thinking about getting one for mine cause I have some major typing to do and I can go way faster on a full size keyboard. I also use a wireless mouse cause I hate the built in one on this thing.
    I use a wireless mouse too

No offense but young females do not and refuse to "Get it" as I have experienced with my daughter.
    I had to do all the things Mom had her children do. pay for the car, insurance, gas, upkeep such as tires, oil changes etc.
    made my girls do the same thing. All in how they are raised.
    But then again I am not typical either

Had to stop and work on homework
    much different than IPS work

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can look into that
    I use a wireless mouse too

I had to do all the things Mom had her children do. pay for the car, insurance, gas, upkeep such as tires, oil changes etc.
    made my girls do the same thing. All in how they are raised.
    But then again I am not typical either

Had to stop and work on homework
    much different than IPS work

Please know I mean no offense to the ladies in the thread. I am just grouping all the young female drivers I have met recently......AAaaahhhhhh. They are nuts.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Please know I mean no offense to the ladies in the thread. I am just grouping all the young female drivers I have met recently......AAaaahhhhhh. They are nuts.

I did not take it that way at all

I understand a broad stroke of the brush and generalizations. You were generalizing. And yes they are nuts. My oldest daughter I refuse to ride with. My youngest daughter... I feel safer with her than I do myself

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    hubby just texted me and said someone brought a bunch of white lab rats into work and released them in the front offices... I guess someone isn't happy about being laid off

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think we are all on the same page on this topic. Some girls are really good drivers. Others are not. My daughter doesn't seem to understand her limitations as a driver and basic common sense things...she tends to get overconfident and considers herself a better driver than she is. My son started out as a rather aggressive driver and now is a much safer driver and understands his limitations. He has worked as a mechanic and understands how a car works now and I think that has also made a difference. He has seen the damage that others have done to their vehicles by doing stupid stuff while driving.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I rolled past 17 K posts and did not even know it. Where is frosty.

Where is Frosty? I was wondering that earlier today! He and Sylvain seem to be missing more lately. Were they just snowed in with us last week? Maybe Frosty has to work more to make up for those lost days?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    hubby just texted me and said someone brought a bunch of white lab rats into work and released them in the front offices... I guess someone isn't happy about being laid off

Oh my! Where is SkullDaddy? Doesn't he have snakes or something that eats rats?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom