• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yeah...I think that was where I logged in. Glad to hear you got your power back on Mike.
    Me too! Just as I got 2 rick's of wood delivered and 15 gallons of fuel for the generator, no less!

Will use the fuel in the cars after the snow is gone and will stack the wood in the back for who knows when - will probably have to just burn the fireplace every once in a while :).

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Me too! Just as I got 2 rick's of wood delivered and 15 gallons of fuel for the generator, no less!

Will use the fuel in the cars after the snow is gone and will stack the wood in the back for who knows when - will probably have to just burn the fireplace every once in a while :).

Winter isn't over yet....you might hang on to some of that firewood just to be safe. We finally got the tractor going and the driveway cleared today! It felt good to get out. Drove to town twice, got feed for the birds, visited the neighbors for beer:30 and had a good day!

Tomorrow I am going to take the neighbor lady to her hair appointment. She has cabin fever too, but has no car (granddaughter borrowed it) and shouldn't be driving on these roads anyway. She was excited to see me when I stopped over today to shovel her deck and steps and get her mail for her. I was glad to see her son-in-law had plowed the drive.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Uh....have you not learned to put some fuel and wood back for just such emergency's. You have a genny. Keep reserve fuel on hand for it.
    Cycle the fuel in the cars but always have some on hand. JMHO

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Doing okay, roads still suck. Went to TH & Ill today andI have never seen soooo many tractor-trailers crashed and it the ditch & median.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Last coupe days I pulled some people out of ditches, and made a supply run to the church. (Stranded motorists of I-65 staying there) Big diesel 4x4 was unstoppable in the snow with lockers in both ends. She didn't like those below zero mornings though. It was 13 this morning, she jumped to life first turn of the key. Had to drive to the VA for a Dr. appt this morning. (about 65 miles each way, and we only saw 6 vehicles off the road) Wife went with me. (teacher, and school was cancelled) She was worried about the roads... we got to take the truck! She hates climbing up in that thing, uses a step stool I keep in the bed. My nephew's truck broke down and was sitting on a country road a few miles out of town. Towed him back easy enough after we got back from the VA. Roads were ok in my eyes. Only a few rough spots. Truck stop close to home real crazy busy now with everyone back on the road. They don't get a delivery soon, their gonna run out of fuel. Local IGA desperately waiting on deliveries... Gonna take a week to get back to normal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom