• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Aaaarrrrrggggg! Now we have to wait for an entirely new crew. I assume that they all have to be drug tested after the accident.

winner winner chicken dinner

I had to be drug tested for cutting my finger at work. Bad thing, they didn't do it the same day. I had some severe arthritis pain that night and wouldn't take my Vicodin for it because I knew I was being tested in the morning. Yes I have a prescription and they know that. I didn't want it in my system and them thinking it was the cause of my injury

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I got the last three loaves of whole wheat at Aldi. (I wasn't making a 'run', we were just out of bread.)

that was me, no run, just out. If I had been thinking I would have shopped Thursday night instead of waiting for today, my normal day.
    Although with all the rations we have, could be stuck here for weeks with no issue.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Has the forecast changed....I see squat on the radar....:dunno:

Hasn't changed...they are saying it will start tonight. You guys are going to get more than us this time! The wind is ridiculous...just did a run to the root cellar so I don't have to go get onions or potatoes or apples when we have our MINUS 11 high on Monday. If we run out of bread, I'll bake some more...still have about 150 pounds of flour on hand so I think we are good :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hasn't changed...they are saying it will start tonight. You guys are going to get more than us this time! The wind is ridiculous...just did a run to the root cellar so I don't have to go get onions or potatoes or apples when we have our MINUS 11 high on Monday. If we run out of bread, I'll bake some more...still have about 150 pounds of flour on hand so I think we are good :):

We always keep the pantry full. Sams Club once or twice a month. Wally or Kroger's for the small specific stuff.
    2 refrigerators that we try and keep full as well.

Son is picking up some lumber. We have to put supports in the car port if it snows over 6" or it wants to come down. Corrugated aluminum will only hold so much.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm still in Lafayette. I've been on this train for four hours and have traveled 40 miles.

I hate trains....I used to take the South Shore to work in Chicago and the summer of 95 was so hot....electric lines stretched and got caught in the train car and broke or something and we were STUCK on the train with no AIR CONDITIONING sitting in some train yard. They wouldn't let anyone off because it was an Indiana train and we were in Chicago and they were not allowed to let off passengers until they hit Indiana. It as ridiculous. I did make some money loaning out my cell phone though. Everyone, myself included, was calling their spouses, babysitters, etc. and people who didn't have a phone (or one that was charged) were offering a buck or something to borrow others' phones. That was a hot, stinky day.....sweating people in a train filled beyond capacity...it was not pretty at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom