• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I am so sick of dealing with lice. Only one kid has it and I'm on treatment number 3 :faint:

I feel your pain. Worked in a nursing home where they had it once, I had to come home everyday, strip at the door and go straight to the shower and shampoo to kill anything that might have jumped on. Head check every morning before I started work. Found one dead critter one morning and thankfully that was it. Going through all the **** to prevent it was a nightmare though. Not to mention the 50 some odd people that ended up with it before it was contained.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am so sick of dealing with lice. Only one kid has it and I'm on treatment number 3 :faint:

That has to be the WORST thing EVER to deal with. I absolutely hated the day care my kids went to when they were little. There was one family that refused to treat their kids but they kept letting them attend and then would tell everyone else that they had to treat theirs. I spent more money on lice shampoo and my daughter had long, very thick hair....it was a nightmare.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That has to be the WORST thing EVER to deal with. I absolutely hated the day care my kids went to when they were little. There was one family that refused to treat their kids but they kept letting them attend and then would tell everyone else that they had to treat theirs. I spent more money on lice shampoo and my daughter had long, very thick hair....it was a nightmare.

Yeah I'm lucky that only the little one has it. My 4 year old has hair down to her butt. Yet she has nothing. I have nothing. No one else in the house has anything. Just the two year old. And I cannot get rid of it!!!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yeah I'm lucky that only the little one has it. My 4 year old has hair down to her butt. Yet she has nothing. I have nothing. No one else in the house has anything. Just the two year old. And I cannot get rid of it!!!

stuffed animals, mattress, pillow etc. they can and will hide in these things and come back out.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    They've all been washed/sprayed numerous times. I might just have to cut her hair really short. I hate to do it but I will if I have to

bag up what you can and put it outside for 30 days. I know she can't live without it all, but try for the most it.
    When we had it at the home, all but 1 lady was clean after several weeks, finally found a small cut in her mattress and threw it out. No more problems after that.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    bag up what you can and put it outside for 30 days. I know she can't live without it all, but try for the most it.
    When we had it at the home, all but 1 lady was clean after several weeks, finally found a small cut in her mattress and threw it out. No more problems after that.

Yeah I have to do something. It's ridiculous

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Yeah I have to do something. It's ridiculous

We got to the point all her clothing was left in another room, threw out all her makeup and toiletries, she couldn't leave the room and everyone who came in had to wear caps and protective clothing.
    Trying to remember any other things we did but I am drawing a blank

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We got to the point all her clothing was left in another room, threw out all her makeup and toiletries, she couldn't leave the room and everyone who came in had to wear caps and protective clothing.
    Trying to remember any other things we did but I am drawing a blank

Well one thing I'm facing is that those stupid combs don't get all the nits. They get some and I can pick some out but heaven knows you're always going to miss at least one....and then the cycle starts again

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom