• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I can't disagree with you. It is hard to fit in up here. People from this area seem to have a 6th sense relative to "outsiders". We have good neighbors across the road, and they have introduced us to many others. Most of the people here sound like they just came from Canada eh.
    :lmfao: my wife is from Michigan and I've been calling her my little Canadian since we met! Man I'm laughing so hard I can hardly tell her and she is just looking at me like I'm an idiot... Again. They say the funniest crap up there... A root is ruut, a crayon is a cran... My wife had a cat named crayon, I swear for. 6 years I thought its name was cran, she corrected me when I called it cranberry one day!

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    :lmfao: my wife is from Michigan and I've been calling her my little Canadian since we met! Man I'm laughing so hard I can hardly tell her and she is just looking at me like I'm an idiot... Again. They say the funniest crap up there... A root is ruut, a crayon is a cran... My wife had a cat named crayon, I swear for. 6 years I thought its name was cran, she corrected me when I called it cranberry one day!

That's hilarious! It's really to be labeled an outsider up here. Pronouncing the names of the town is half the battle. Many of them are names after native American tribes, and it's not just the correct pronunciation, its putting the emphasis on the correct syllable. They have their own language, and if you do not speak it correctly it's a dead giveaway. "You've got to be kidding me" is a phrase you have to know.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    That's hilarious! It's really to be labeled an outsider up here. Pronouncing the names of the town is half the battle. Many of them are names after native American tribes, and it's not just the correct pronunciation, its putting the emphasis on the correct syllable. They have their own language, and if you do not speak it correctly it's a dead giveaway. "You've got to be kidding me" is a phrase you have to know.
    yeah, the town names are a complete foreign language to an outsider! I held the door for my wife and an elderly lady going into a gas station and the clerk (female) started being loud and obnoxious about how I was a gentleman and all this jazz. I'm just standing there like um... You people are all freaks!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    You're married. You should be immune to it by now
    No matter what any man has ever said... There is no such thing as 'immunity'. We can ignore, we can overlook, we can choose not to record into memory - but it still registers at some point and in some way - there's no way for us to know if we need to tune it out if we don't hear it first.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    No matter what any man has ever said... There is no such thing as 'immunity'. We can ignore, we can overlook, we can choose not to record into memory - but it still registers at some point and in some way - there's no way for us to know if we need to tune it out if we don't hear it first.

The general rule is that if there is a group of women around you automatically tune it out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom