Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    It typically happens in about 5-10% of patients. It's not all that common as far as adverse reactions go. The frustrating part is that it can be easily avoided by adding a second drug like a proton pump inhibitor (Prilosec, Nexium), but doctors tend to not know that, and a lot of pharmacists are too...lazy, pathetic, etc....to step in and suggest it. Very frustrating that people have to go through it.

Yep, my wife is a Dietitian, it's surprising how little some Drs know about some things. Most of them that she works with are very good, but you get a few who know everything, yet know nothing.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Surgery in the future??
    In the far future I hope.
    db, I have the same problem. I get tendonitis in my right ankle because it rolls in, and it hurts like hell.

I have some hard-core custom orthotics. I got them from my podiatrist for about $300. My back-up orthotics are made by Birkenstock and cost me about $35, and they are almost as good. Let me know if you want more info.

Thanks snapdragon! Right now I am playing the "will insurance cover" it game. I'll find out tomorrow. Either way I will go back, have molds of the feet made and get the orthotics. I have dealt with this all my life but in the last 2 weeks my dogs are really barking, especially the right dog. When I am barefoot it looks like I am walking on my ankles.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Yep, my wife is a Dietitian, it's surprising how little some Drs know about some things. Most of them that she works with are very good, but you get a few who know everything, yet know nothing.

:+1:

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect them to know everything...but... Some things are just too damn important to not know. Thankfully there are other health care providers, like dieticians, PTs, etc. that can try and keep doctors in check. Unfortunately I think it's trending towards giving doctors a wider scope of practice, and I don't like that, but that's just my two cents. :twocents:

Sorry, sometimes I rant when it comes to health care...

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    :+1:

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect them to know everything...but... Some things are just too damn important to not know. Thankfully there are other health care providers, like dieticians, PTs, etc. that can try and keep doctors in check. Unfortunately I think it's trending towards giving doctors a wider scope of practice, and I don't like that, but that's just my two cents. :twocents:

Sorry, sometimes I rant when it comes to health care...

Yep, can't argue with anything you stated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom