Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well when I got there we were super busy, everything was falling apart. As soon as things started to get organized one of my drivers called me to tell me that his car got stolen while he was delivering a pizza. A few hours later someone came in and robbed me at gunpoint. Yeah it was a ridiculously stupid night. I am so glad I'm home

Damn it.........Hope everyone is OK. Thieves are the absolute lowest....below the bottom.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Damn it.........Hope everyone is OK. Thieves are the absolute lowest....below the bottom.

I kept the team as calm as I could. One of them witnessed the whole thing and another was in the back the whole time but she about lost it when she found out what happened. I'm glad she wasn't the one up front when it happened. It could have been much worse. Fortunately I had just dropped about $1000 into the safe which by that point was time locked. He didn't end up getting much money. IMPD got there pretty quick. Of course the guy was long gone by then.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I kept the team as calm as I could. One of them witnessed the whole thing and another was in the back the whole time but she about lost it when she found out what happened. I'm glad she wasn't the one up front when it happened. It could have been much worse. Fortunately I had just dropped about $1000 into the safe which by that point was time locked. He didn't end up getting much money. IMPD got there pretty quick. Of course the guy was long gone by then.

You have CCTV in the store?

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Or rapists, or child molesters, or old men obsessed with Miley, etc. Thieves are definitely pretty low though.

Definitely low. Oddly though, through the whole thing I wasn't worried about my safety. He really seemed like he didn't want anything to progress to violence. He just wanted money. Of course I wasn't willing to call his bluff so I gave him what he wanted.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To both statements, yes, I agree. But a thief is just a POS. To stick a gun in anyone's face and scare them out of 2 years of their lives is just wrong.

Then you have the thieves that shot the cashier for sport.....Nuts folks just nuts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Definitely low. Oddly though, through the whole thing I wasn't worried about my safety. He really seemed like he didn't want anything to progress to violence. He just wanted money. Of course I wasn't willing to call his bluff so I gave him what he wanted.

As you should. It is money and replaceable....you are a living person and not replaceable......at least with current technology.....:):

Last edited:

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ad you should. It is money and replaceable....you are a living person and not replaceable......at least with current technology.....:):

Exactly. I'd been trying to get hold of my boss all day after my driver's car was stolen. However he's in church all night on Sunday. Once we got robbed I ended up calling HIS boss. They both agreed I did the best with the situation I was given. I'm not going to try and play hero. Especially since I can't carry at work.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Exactly. I'd been trying to get hold of my boss all day after my driver's car was stolen. However he's in church all night on Sunday. Once we got robbed I ended up calling HIS boss. They both agreed I did the best with the situation I was given. I'm not going to try and play hero. Especially since I can't carry at work.

Even if you carried it might have been bad to draw.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Exactly. As weird as it sounds I never felt truly threatened. To me that is the only time that drawing a weapon is necessary. Me drawing a weapon might have escalated the situation into something that didn't need to happen.

Plus the fastest draw is no draw at a all.You cant beat a gun already in your face.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom