Not open for further replies.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Come on down, I got more than I know what to do with. Gave away 72 ears tonight just so I can try to handle it all tomorrow.

Sounds good! I haven't even had an ear of sweet corn yet this year! :( But I don't envy you with all the work to can it! But you all will be eating well this winter when the snow is a blowing!! :)

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Do you know if what's his name has remembered to sign up for the Richmond Appleseed yet?

This "what's his name" and the Mrs has, we are looking forward to it.
    FYI Rayne, it's very primitive, just a farm out in the boonies. Bathrooms were a hike over the hill to the woods. Didn't think it would bother you, but figured you should know.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Yep, I kinda figured that...what's his name is HandK's son who ruffled my feathers when he didn't remember me. :) I like giving him a hard time but don't tell him that.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    If he goes to Atterbury, tell him to talk to me,so I can give him some hints on what to take and not.

Ok will do! the only reason he was looking at that one is because he can actually shoot the long distance ones rather than shoot smaller targets at closer range! If you ask me it's half a dozen of one and 6 of the other! :)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    The shorter distance 25meter appleseeds are just as hard, hope he doesn't feel they are childish cause they aren't. They have kicked a many men's egos:)

Yup! that is what I think also! and I don't think he feels they are childish! Just something about shooting at Atterberry that calls his name! :)

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    It is truly an awesome experience, but I would want to have done a regular Appleseed first cause they throw so much at ya, it's sometime hard to keep up cause there is no down time to collect your thoughts.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    From my limited experience, it helps to know your rifle to do the KD shoots. You can get away without that on the 25 yd shoots to an extent. But the fundamentals apply to both.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Ya. I used a scope for the first time ever on my KD. Mounted too far back, and parallax issues had me scratching my head the entire time. Little success on paper, but I learned a buttload. Some of it was about marksmanship. Most, about riflemanship.
    It's like fishing or golf, etc... there's really no such thing as a bad day doing it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom