Not open for further replies.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I really lucked out in that my mother still had it stored away (and thankfully not all rusted now).
    She also had my first (single shot) shotgun. It did not fare so well :( Beggars can't be choosers. I am thrilled
    I've made it my mission to never get rid of any of my guns now :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So... long story short, I was re-acquainted with a .22 bolt action I learned to shoot with as a kid.
    My son will now be able to shoot the same gun I shot at his age... Winchester Model 320 bolt action with 5 round mag. Shoot both 22 short and long.
    Today (because of the rain) I clean her up... tomorrow, we take a trip down memory lane :)
    I am surprised at how nice the trigger is on that thing.

My Dad had the .22 I learned to shoot with. It was a Stevens (if memory serves) octagon barrel pump that ran .22 shorts. The barrel was threaded from the days when cans were legal. The gun was made back in the early 20's (again, memory) and it was supposed to be mine but somewhere along the line I think my brother pilfered it. Last I shot it was in the mid-80's and it still drove tacks.

Congrates on being re-connected with a piece of your child hood.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Dad traded it off at some point after I left home. It was a Winchester pump. I think a model 62. He traded it for a Browning HP and I did end with it,but I would have rather had the rifle since it had the memories.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My Dad had the .22 I learned to shoot with. It was a Stevens (if memory serves) octagon barrel pump that ran .22 shorts. The barrel was threaded from the days when cans were legal. The gun was made back in the early 20's (again, memory) and it was supposed to be mine but somewhere along the line I think my brother pilfered it. Last I shot it was in the mid-80's and it still drove tacks.

Congrates on being re-connected with a piece of your child hood.
    My brother took several guns and a couple of knives and sold them for his drug habit.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

he must have been texting that from the jail...
    I went to buy a golf club or 2 and came home with this. I'm not sure what happened.

ppq.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom