• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You should immediately call 911 (or your equivalent) and go to the hospital...like right now

:):

Actually I learned the other day that you can call emergency services with 911 in France now.
    It's because so many people watch US TV shows they dial 911 instead of the right number that they dont know. :facepalm:

I tried the other day.You dial 911 on a cellphone and it calls the 112 (which is the actual number).

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    :):

Actually I learned the other day that you can call emergency services with 911 in France now.
    It's because so many people watch US TV shows they dial 911 instead of the right number that they dont know. :facepalm:

I tried the other day.You dial 911 on a cellphone and it calls the 112 (which is the actual number).

Seriously??? Isn't the number for emergency services something that you should just know....from the time you're a child?! Even my 3 year old knows to call 911 if there's an emergency. And not from the TV either. I've taught her that just like my parents taught me. Although when I was really young we didn't have 911...we lived way too far out of town

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Seriously??? Isn't the number for emergency services something that you should just know....from the time you're a child?! Even my 3 year old knows to call 911 if there's an emergency. And not from the TV either. I've taught her that just like my parents taught me. Although when I was really young we didn't have 911...we lived way too far out of town

Actually here we have more than one number.
    It's 17 for the police, 18 for the fire fighters, 15 for emergency medical services, 112 for emergency services from a cellphone.
    Someone people dont know which number to call so they call 911 like they see on TV.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Actually here we have more than one number.
    It's 17 for the police, 18 for the fire fighters, 15 for emergency medical services, 112 for emergency services from a cellphone.
    Someone people dont know which number to call so they call 911 like they see on TV.

Ok well that kind of makes a little more sense. Having more than one number could be a bit confusing. But I would think it's still something that's kind of ingrained into you.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I don't like them either. Every once in a great while I get a hankering for them but only if they're grilled.

I haven't liked them in years. During the Blizzard of 78 we was snowed in for nearly 10 days. The last few days we was down to grilled Cheese and Hot dogs from the freezer. Haven't liked them since.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Ok well that kind of makes a little more sense. Having more than one number could be a bit confusing. But I would think it's still something that's kind of ingrained into you.

It is but I guess some kids used to dial 911 if their house was on fire because it's what people do in 90% of the TV shows you see on TV (all US stuff).
    It's the same anywhere in Europe now I think.If you dont know the local number in spain or germany you can just call 911.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It is but I guess some kids used to dial 911 if their house was on fire because it's what people do in 90% of the TV shows you see on TV (all US stuff).
    It's the same anywhere in Europe now I think.If you dont know the local number in spain or germany you can just call 911.

It might be good for tourists too. If there's a "global" emergency number people will know what number to dial

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I haven't liked them in years. During the Blizzard of 78 we was snowed in for nearly 10 days. The last few days we was down to grilled Cheese and Hot dogs from the freezer. Haven't liked them since.

When I was a kid my dad was the most miserly man on the planet. Seriously. He was the vice president of a college but we lived like we were the poorest people ever. One summer my older sister worked at KFC. We had KFC for three meals a day EVERY DAY that summer. To this day I can't eat their chicken or any of their sides. I like some of the "newer" menu items that they didn't have back then but as far as their classic chicken goes....nope...forget it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom