Not open for further replies.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Get out there! It's my sanity check, no matter how bad I do I still love. I call a golf course "The Church of the Greener Grass" :)

Love it. Have played off and on for about 15 years. I suck, shooting mid 90's. But like you said, it's nature's sport... I love that it's just me and the course. And if I can't see any other holes than the one I am playing? BONUS TIME!

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Love it. Have played off and on for about 15 years. I suck, shooting mid 90's. But like you said, it's nature's sport... I love that it's just me and the course. And if I can't see any other holes than the one I am playing? BONUS TIME!

:lmfao: So very true. Sometimes I like to take the scenic route.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    LOL, Im 53. I used to play bingo when I was in my early teens. :)

First time I played bingo, I won the coverall. I was 12, with my grandma. Born in 1969, and I hit on O69!
    $150 for a 12 yr old!.......

....split 5 ways.
    Story of my life. :)

Now the family plays out at our campground every so often. My son enjoys it

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    When I was in my mid 20's I would throw the clubs, a change of clothes in my van and head out for a golfing weekend. I'd usually head south, south/west. I would drive until I found a course and wait until the clubhouse attendants would pair me up with someone. I would spend 3 or 4 days doing that and would shower in the club house and sleep in my van.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    First time I played bingo, I won the coverall. I was 12, with my grandma. Born in 1969, and I hit on O69!
    $150 for a 12 yr old!.......

....split 5 ways.
    Story of my life. :)

Now the family plays out at our campground every so often. My son enjoys it

I could never compete with
    the blue haired, 10 card playing old ladies. :D

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    When I was in my mid 20's I would throw the clubs, a change of clothes in my van and head out for a golfing weekend. I'd usually head south, south/west. I would drive until I found a course and wait until the clubhouse attendants would pair me up with someone. I would spend 3 or 4 days doing that and would shower in the club house and sleep in my van.

Wow! I started when i worked 2nd shift. I'd go play this little par 3 course on the south side in the mornings. Always alone, and usually paired up with a couple seniors. I never minded because, like me, they usually didn't hit long. Unlike me, they were always hitting straight, and way friggin smarter than I ever could be. Good times.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Wow! I started when i worked 2nd shift. I'd go play this little par 3 course on the south side in the mornings. Always alone, and usually paired up with a couple seniors. I never minded because, like me, they usually didn't hit long. Unlike me, they were always hitting straight, and way friggin smarter than I ever could be. Good times.

You meet some of the nicest people on the course. I was outside of Nashville and was paired up with 3 guys from Chicago. I left a 12 foot putt about 6 feet short and one of the guys asked me when my husband was going to putt. :rofl:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    You meet some of the nicest people on the course. I was outside of Nashville and was paired up with 3 guys from Chicago. I left a 12 foot putt about 6 feet short and one of the guys asked me when my husband was going to putt. :rofl:

Nice!
    I always hate the first tee. I'm still that green. after that, cakewalk, don't care how bad I do.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    The best was out on a course... sitting in the golf cart with my brother, waiting for the group ahead to finish on the green. As I tilt my head back to finish my beer, I notice for the first time, that someone wrote in sharpee on the ceiling of the golf cart.

"If you can read this, your beer is empty" :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom