Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    That was a weird problem.

I was enjoying my drive home with all the windows and the sunroof open. I didn't wanna turn the AC on but I thought I'd turn the fan on just to have a little more air. I turned the knob...nothing happened. Then I notice my airbag light was on. WTF??? Everything else was working fine as far as I could tell. When I got home I checked all the fuses and they were all ok. One of my fuse panels is in the trunk area and I noticed that the cover for it was loose. I had been in there yesterday for something else and must not have gotten it latched all the way. Then I noticed this little black thing loose on the floor near the fuse panel. I picked it up and it had legs on it like a fuse but it had a diode symbol on the top of it. I did a quick google search to find out which slot it went in and in which direction. (Diodes only work in one direction) This little booger is not even listed in the owners manual that comes with the car. I put it in its slot and I heard a relay click. I turned the key on and lo and behold the fan was working and the airbag light was no longer on. The loose cover must have knock it out. I made sure the cover was latched securely this time.

I tried to do a little research to see exactly what it was for but didn't get very far and gave up. I did find that many people have had the same problem and even some dealers have worked for weeks and spent hundreds of dollars in parts to find it. I guess I got lucky just by being observant.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom