Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I tapped a #12 Stainless Steel screw into the primer hole along with 4 fender washers. Tried backing the die out of the press using the fender washers for leverage. Didn't move the stuck case a MM before the screw broke.:xmad:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I tapped a #12 Stainless Steel screw into the primer hole along with 4 fender washers. Tried backing the die out of the press using the fender washers for leverage. Didn't move the stuck case a MM before the screw broke.:xmad:

What kind of dies do you have?

Send it back to the manufacturer. I got a case stuck in my dies, sent them back to the company and they replaced the internals, polished the inside of the die and even sent a sample of case lube with it.

All I had to do was call and provide return shipping.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    What kind of dies do you have?

Send it back to the manufacturer. I got a case stuck in my dies, sent them back to the company and they replaced the internals, polished the inside of the die and even sent a sample of case lube with it.

All I had to do was call and provide return shipping.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to. They are RCBS dies.

Midway has .223 sizing/decapping dies in stock. I ordered a replacement last night in case I had to send this die back.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to. They are RCBS dies.

Midway has .223 sizing/decapping dies in stock. I ordered a replacement last night in case I had to send this die back.

Depending how fast you need them, when I sent mine back it was back in less than a week. Even a phone call saying what they did and that it was on its way back. I'm not sure if RCBS does that too or not, but that was from Redding.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Depending how fast you need them, when I sent mine back it was back in less than a week. Even a phone call saying what they did and that it was on its way back. I'm not sure if RCBS does that too or not, but that was from Redding.

Yeah, calling their CS for return instructions. I think RCBS charges a flat rate ($15??) for repair and return shipping.

8th caller in the que.:noway:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I had them lubed, (Hornady One Shot) but this case (and several others in this batch of LC brass) took an usual amount of force to push into the die. When I pulled up to remove the case, the rim sheared off.:dunno:

Spray lube?

I've had bad luck with that stuff. I only use the other stuff now. RCBS Case lube on their Lube pad works pretty well.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    You should have used a steel screw. SS is a softer metal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom