• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I agree Supr, that was one heavy ass snow. Unlike the privileged among us, I don't have a snow blower. I cleared my snow the MANLY way!!! Told my wife to do it!!!!:D

My son did more than his share helping me. It drives me crazy to watch him though. Crazy kids don't know how to shovel snow without throwing snow all over where they've already cleaned. If I had half his energy I could get twice as much done with it. Youth is wasted on the young. :rolleyes:

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    There's no way, had to be something with the bullets or the steel isn't what its rated at.

My .300 leaves small pits at closer distances but never chunks

It is the velocity. Anything north of about 3400fps runs the risk of increased damage. As you get closer to 4000fps you will punch straight through. Depending on the pill being launched, a 22-250 can be almost 4300fps.

The hardness of the steel combats the velocity of the round while the thickness of the steel combats the energy.:twocents:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Sounds like a job for Netflix.
    without internets?
    It is the velocity. Anything north of about 3400fps runs the risk of increased damage. As you get closer to 4000fps you will punch straight through. Depending on the pill being launched, a 22-250 can be almost 4300fps.

The hardness of the steel combats the velocity of the round while the thickness of the steel combats the energy.:twocents:
    :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom