Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Dang, my minivan is doing something that has me stumped.

Start it up and it quickly warms to operating temp. But, the air coming out of the defroster vents is still very cool. Only a tiny amount of heat in the air. And it stays cold for many minutes. After driving it for 10 minutes or so, the air gets warmer. At 15 minutes, your getting the normal amount of heated air.

Keep in mind, it's not the engine warming up that causing the delay, the van was at normal operating temp already.

WTH could be causing this?????

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

Start it up and it quickly warms to operating temp. But, the air coming out of the defroster vents is still very cool. Only a tiny amount of heat in the air. And it stays cold for many minutes. After driving it for 10 minutes or so, the air gets warmer. At 15 minutes, your getting the normal amount of heated air.

Keep in mind, it's not the engine warming up that causing the delay, the van was at normal operating temp already.

my truck does that when it is low on anti-freeze. Not out just low.

spanky_27

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Columbus
    temp

could be the thermostat

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

If your coolant is a little low it could be not filling the heater core. A dead give away for this is the fact that the air will get warmer if you rev the engine. It could also be a problem with the baffles directing the air in your vent system. There are many possibilities but I'd guess these two are the most common. :twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom