Not open for further replies.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I don't want to sound like I'm asking the obvious but have replaced the ignition module under the rotor in the distributor, fords were notorious for those to bad about every 50 or 60 thousand miles on them? :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    It would be eaiser to tell you I havnt replaced the wire harness! Thats about the only the that's original. And the $150 black icm didn't do it!:rolleyes::cool:

Sucks that its being such a PITA. Is your distributor the type that has what they call "PIP sensor" in it? I've read several places that its fairly common for that sensor to fail intermittently at first, then fail completely. I also read that its a lot easier to replace the entire distributor because it has to come off and be completely disassembled to replace just the sensor.

I know what it feels like to keep throwing money at something and not make progress. :noway:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    It would be eaiser to tell you I havnt replaced the wire harness! Thats about the only the that's original. And the $150 black icm didn't do it!:rolleyes::cool:

approach the vehicle and in a firm tone order the vehicle to start and run correctly or else.

demolition-man-poster.jpg

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I don't want to sound like I'm asking the obvious but have replaced the ignition module under the rotor in the distributor, fords were notorious for those to bad about every 50 or 60 thousand miles on them? :D
    This one has that sensor remote mounted on the fire wall, thats what I just tried, again!:cool:
    :facepalm:

that sucks... getting spark yet?

Time to go back to points :):
    I have gave that a thought quite a few times actually!
    Sucks that its being such a PITA. Is your distributor the type that has what they call "PIP sensor" in it? I've read several places that its fairly common for that sensor to fail intermittently at first, then fail completely. I also read that its a lot easier to replace the entire distributor because it has to come off and be completely disassembled to replace just the sensor.

I know what it feels like to keep throwing money at something and not make progress. :noway:

The distributor is all new as well, maybe the pip is bad though. It happens, bad new parts.:dunno:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    my front brake calipers are shot, the guide pins are seized and I'm trying to decide whether to just replace the guide pins or go all out and get new calipers and stainless steel braided brake lines. for just the pins it'll be like $30 the calipers are about $20 a piece and the brake lines are $70. I just bought new $200 EBC rotors because the ones on now are warped. I feel like I should just replace everything and be sure that everything is top notch and won't give me any problems for the next 10 years. thoughts?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    my front brake calipers are shot, the guide pins are seized and I'm trying to decide whether to just replace the guide pins or go all out and get new calipers and stainless steel braided brake lines. for just the pins it'll be like $30 the calipers are about $20 a piece and the brake lines are $70. I just bought new $200 EBC rotors because the ones on now are warped. I feel like I should just replace everything and be sure that everything is top notch and won't give me any problems for the next 10 years. thoughts?

sounds like the correct plan to me especially since you just spent the money on the rotors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom