• Status
    Not open for further replies.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Here's a pic from my ER trip last month. They had to wrap it while I waited to get it taken out. I have never felt so much pain in my life.
    18d16e1a.jpg

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yeah that looks dumber than my screw up. How did you manage that?

I'd post pics but it's a little to close to the boys.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My story, I was splitting a weld with a hammer by using another hammer to drive it in. A piece of the hammer face (about the thickness of pencil lead and a quarter inch long) broke off with enough force to penetrate my jean shorts, boxers, and stop an inch and a half into my inner leg.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My story, I was splitting a weld with a hammer by using another hammer to drive it in. A piece of the hammer face (about the thickness of pencil lead and a quarter inch long) broke off with enough force to penetrate my jean shorts, boxers, and stop an inch and a half into my inner leg.

Ouch. I'll heed the lesson. Next question, Why are you on here instead of at the ER? Don't get me wrong, I love the manliness and dedication to online commentary, but still.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Tip of the day.

Never hammer a hammer with a hammer.

You're lucky it was just your thigh it got. Couple years back, cousin was doing the same thing and sliver came off and hit him in the eye. He lost his eye about three days later. Said it was the worse pain he'd ever felt. He was a pilot, now he doesn't have any depth perception.

Hope the doctors can remove it without too much pain. Will it require surgery?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You're lucky it was just your thigh it got. Couple years back, cousin was doing the same thing and sliver came off and hit him in the eye. He lost his eye about three days later. Said it was the worse pain he'd ever felt. He was a pilot, now he doesn't have any depth perception.

Hope the doctors can remove it without too much pain. Will it require surgery?

No, they're going to leave it unless it causes infection. It went in at an angle and it's in muscle so they are hoping it will be ok.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom