• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just found out that Magpul Dynamics dont allow non-US Citizens.They are saying it's a legal thing but I never heard that as a requirement from other companies.

Student must be a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident. Submit one of the following:

• US passport
    • Permanent Resident Card or Naturalization Certificate + US Driver’s License or ID card
    • US Driver’s License or ID card + Active Duty Military status printout from Defense Manpower

(https://www.dmdc.osd.mil/appj/scra/welcome.xhtml) (We cannot ask for a CAC card photocopy)

• Other Documentation establishing Reserve, Active, or Retired US military status +
    US driver’s license or ID card

• US Driver’s License or ID card + Law Enforcement credentials

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I know guys who are not US-Citizens or permanent residents and they trained in all the famous training centers in the US (gunsight, HK academy, Smith & Wesson academy and such).

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    I heard about the drama surrounding the ladies coming with their husband.:rolleyes:

It would be fair to have a day for the guys only, no ladies allowed to judge them if the ladies have their own day. :dunno:

we arent there to judge. a single man cannot train 50 women at once. thats all there is to it.

and on that note.. im back from break.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    thats awfully crappy.

Yeah especially since they are saying it's because of federal law.I believe it's BS and it's just a company policy.

A French guy I know took a MP5 class in the US at the HK Academy, he's not a LEO (not in France and not in the US), not military, not a US citizen or permenent resident. :dunno:

IDK...I prolly wouldn't train foreigners either.

Yeah cause all foreigners are terrorists and domestic terrorism is a myth. :rolleyes:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Hey it's their company on the line. Imagine how it would look if they were training foreigners. Then imagine how bad it would be if something bad did happen. From a business point of view you can't take the risk.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hey it's their company on the line. Imagine how it would look if they were training foreigners. Then imagine how bad it would be if something bad did happen. From a business point of view you can't take the risk.

Same thing can be said for US citizens.

What if they trained the Aurora shooter? :dunno:

He had a clear background check and everything they require to take the class, he could have been a better shooter thanks to them.

I think many US citizens are more likely to shoot other citizens in mass shooting than I am.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Well I know I wont take a class with Mapul Dynamics.
    Other companies that actually support the second amendment will get my money.

one day ill do a sand burr ranch course. or tactical firearms training. parhaps mindset labs.. :dunno:

somewhere where im actually pulling a trigger. not sitting in a classroom. im not a "book learner". gotta be hands on. show me what im doing wrong, etc.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Same thing can be said for US citizens.

What if they trained the Aurora shooter? :dunno:

He had a clear background check and everything they require to take the class, he could have been a better shooter thanks to them.

I think many US citizens are more likely to shoot other citizens in mass shooting than I am.

It doesn't matter what you think. If you had a business you wouldn't chance losing everything either.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It doesn't matter what you think. If you had a business you wouldn't chance losing everything either.

In that case I wouldn't train anybody at all.
    Because anybody can do bad things to other people once you trained them, it doesn't matter if they are foreigners or US nationals.You dont have more or less risks with foreigners.

Just like the shooting in Forth Worth, TX.
    The shooter was a US Citizen and part of the US military, that made him a "person of good character" according to Magpul. :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom