Not open for further replies.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    3x9.

I had a hard time doing it with iron sights.

We had a Model 60 with a 3x9, and a 795 with iron sights.

Kimmi hit all of them with iron sights... the 100 took her two shots.

Her friend was able to do it with the scope within two shots on all of them. I told her that it really not as easy as she made it look and she did a great job.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Wow, a 3X9 is a little help but not a lot at 100 yards and that small of a caliber. Hell I know some experienced shooters that have a hard time hitting at 100 yards with an AR with iron sights!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I left it at about 4x and told her to put the crosshairs on the top of the circle gong. She pulled it off. I was seriously impressed.

She was a GREEN shooter, but she soaked it all in and was having fun. At first she was putting her thumb behind the slide on the pistol, and I had to catch that QUICK. I also had to keep reminding to not put finger in trigger guard unless you want to pull the trigger.

First time she shot a 12 ga today, she was like “OW!” and didn’t like it, but 20 minutes later she said “I want to try this one again...” and she loved it.

Anyway, I love watching people learn to love shooting. So today was fun.

And she bought kimmi and I breakfast at this awesome sunday brunch buffet where they have the thickest bacon ever and it’s prepped in maple syrup!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I left it at about 4x and told her to put the crosshairs on the top of the circle gong. She pulled it off. I was seriously impressed.

She was a GREEN shooter, but she soaked it all in and was having fun. At first she was putting her thumb behind the slide on the pistol, and I had to catch that QUICK. I also had to keep reminding to not put finger in trigger guard unless you want to pull the trigger.

First time she shot a 12 ga today, she was like “OW!” and didn’t like it, but 20 minutes later she said “I want to try this one again...” and she loved it.

Anyway, I love watching people learn to love shooting. So today was fun.

And she bought kimmi and I breakfast at this awesome sunday brunch buffet where they have the thickest bacon ever and it’s prepped in maple syrup!

DAMN. Sounds like an all around good day. I love teaching new shooters too. Good catch with the thumb behind the slide. That could have made the day go bad quick! But, aside from stuff like that, they have no bad habits to correct. Just good ones to soak in!

And free food, especially BACON, never hurt anyone :rockwoot:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Yeah the thumb thing was CLOSE. What happened is at first she had her hand too far down the grip. So I was coaching on “put the tang of the weapon in the web of your thumb/finger.” She got it and was doing good with a gun with a hammer. When we switched to a striker fired pistol, I think it was less obvious that there were “mechanical” things happening, so she put her off hand thumb across.

Anyway, yeah it was fun.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Yeah the thumb thing was CLOSE. What happened is at first she had her hand too far down the grip. So I was coaching on “put the tang of the weapon in the web of your thumb/finger.” She got it and was doing good with a gun with a hammer. When we switched to a striker fired pistol, I think it was less obvious that there were “mechanical” things happening, so she put her off hand thumb across.

Anyway, yeah it was fun.

Nice, glad you had a nice day. I put in to be a firearms instructor and got denied twice at work already. Apparently we already have 3 and that is enough :dunno:. But, two of them have less than 5 years left until retirement so, I think I'm going to keep putting in for the training and crossing my fingers. Sooner or later, they are going to have to start training replacements up :cool:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    The moment that people fall in love with shooting is one of my favorite things.

I’m going to school to be a teacher because I LOVE the “ah ha” moment.

Also... if you are ever in Indy on a sunday AM, go to Granite City for Brunch.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    web.jpg

web.jpg

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    The moment that people fall in love with shooting is one of my favorite things.

I’m going to school to be a teacher because I LOVE the “ah ha” moment.

Also... if you are ever in Indy on a sunday AM, go to Granite City for Brunch.

Be sure to look at the pics of food!

I did. That looks damn near homemade! I think that if my wife and I ever take vacation at the same time again, I'm going to have to have her stay home with the kids all week and take a INGO guided tour of Indy. Actually get to meet most of you guys and see some of these places I've heard so much about.

As it stands right now, Beech Grove Firearms is the only place I've ever even been to in Indy :(. I liked it there, everyone was really cool just wish I got to see more of the area.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    There are some decent places to take your family in Indy.

Art Museum is very nice.
    Children’s museum is cool for kids.
    State museum has some cool exhibits at times. They have a HUGE IMAX theatre. It’s bigger than any regular IMAX I’ve ever been to.

There are some decent restaurants too.

If you make it up by yourself, you should try for a Friday Night Steel at MCFG.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Art Museum is very nice.
    State museum has some cool exhibits at times. They have a HUGE IMAX theatre. It’s bigger than any regular IMAX I’ve ever been to.

Last time I was in Indy I tried Bazbeaux(sp?) Pizza and The Journey...The pizza was pretty damn good and the sushi selection at The Journey was AWESOME.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois

Art Museum is very nice.

You just gave me a pretty good idea. Nothing says I can't bring the wife and kids. We can just have some family time and I could go off on my own for a little bit a couple of the days....

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Surprisingly, I’ve never been to either. :dunno:

Every time I’m in Broad Ripple I can’t say no to Mama Corolla’s. The service is sometimes good, sometimes horrible, but the food is really really good.

Anyway, I need to go to bed.

Catch you all later.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Surprisingly, I’ve never been to either. :dunno:

Every time I’m in Broad Ripple I can’t say no to Mama Corolla’s. The service is sometimes good, sometimes horrible, but the food is really really good.

Anyway, I need to go to bed.

Catch you all later.

Are either of the places I mentioned in BR? I don't know my way around Indy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom