Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That was slick.

Just a quick "I thought dinner was gonna be ready but, my kid shut the crock pot off at some point in the day so, who knows when dinner's gonna be now" check in....

We used to give our kids a good beating for less than that back in the old days.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    We used to give our kids a good beating for less than that back in the old days.

Oh yeah, she got a couple smacks. I asked her when and why she shut it off. I got "I dunno" for both. Now she is sitting around talking about being hungry.....

I'm hungry too and I didn't shut the damn crock-pot off :xmad:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Youuuuuuu wanted to be a Dad. :D

Yeah but, originally I thought that my wife was going to stay home and take care of the litter....

....then I realized how damn expensive kids are. My fingers are still crossed for us being able to afford her to stay home come January. I'm ready to pull my hair out with 2. I can't imagine 3 :(

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Hey,

How old do you guys think a kid should be before they get smacks on the butt? Nothing crazy, just a hard enough to let them feel it a little....

My wife and I still disagree about it but, she was born and raised in Chicago so, I don't put much stock in her opinion on the matter :):

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Hey,

How old do you guys think a kid should be before they get smacks on the butt? Nothing crazy, just a hard enough to let them feel it a little....

My wife and I still disagree about it but, she was born and raised in Chicago so, I don't put much stock in her opinion on the matter :):
    If she's old enough to turn off the crock pot.
    She's old enough for a smack on the butt. :)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Hey,

I would say they just need to be old enough to understand cause and effect, as long as the parent is able to understand there is a difference between tapping the butt of a 6 month old and smacking the one on a 6 year old. :twocents:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We probably started around 2. but it was pretty gentle correction. They touched the stove, a little smack on the hand and lots of no nos.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker

She's now a
    modertater.png
    :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom