• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im not sure I can trust the US Gov. with my credit card informations.

"
    WARNING: The administrative fee will be collected by credit card. It is crucial that all applicants enter their ESTA and credit card information accurately. If information is entered incorrectly, the applicant may be charged additional fees to reapply. Updates to an application will not accrue additional fees. Applicants who do not complete the payment process will not receive authorization to travel to the United States and will not be allowed to board any aircraft or vessel destined for the United States. If an applicant stops payment of the fee, his or her authorization to travel to the United States will be revoked. CBP is not responsible for additional fees that may be charged by the applicant's credit card company for the transaction. By pressing the "Apply" button in the application process, applicants agree not to dispute any administrative fee charged by CBP for the use of the ESTA system, and further acknowledge that there are no refunds.
    "

They must make millions with this tax on foreigners.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    It just doesn't make any sense but I guess it makes America safer. :rolleyes:

"International travelers who are seeking to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) are now subject to enhanced security requirements and will be required to pay an administrative fee."

I didn't have to pay for that before and now you need to do it even before you come to the US.
    And if you are denied they still keep some of your money.

How come it was free when it was on paper forms and now you need to pay a fee now that it's online.
    You would think it would be the other way around since they dont have to print so many forms anymore. :dunno:
    :welcome: :welcome: to the USA.

Were partying fools in the autumn of our heyday.

:spend:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Im not sure I can trust the US Gov. with my credit card informations.

"
    WARNING: The administrative fee will be collected by credit card. It is crucial that all applicants enter their ESTA and credit card information accurately. If information is entered incorrectly, the applicant may be charged additional fees to reapply. Updates to an application will not accrue additional fees. Applicants who do not complete the payment process will not receive authorization to travel to the United States and will not be allowed to board any aircraft or vessel destined for the United States. If an applicant stops payment of the fee, his or her authorization to travel to the United States will be revoked. CBP is not responsible for additional fees that may be charged by the applicant's credit card company for the transaction. By pressing the "Apply" button in the application process, applicants agree not to dispute any administrative fee charged by CBP for the use of the ESTA system, and further acknowledge that there are no refunds.
    "

They must make millions with this tax on foreigners.

They are going to get the money somewhere.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    IT's all so stupid anymore... "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door! Unless, of course, they don't pass a rigorous background check most of our citizens or our PRESIDENT probably could pass; or if they can't afford the background check."

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    :welcome: :welcome: to the USA.

Were partying fools in the autumn of our heyday.

:spend:

They even say on the website that it was one of Obama's great ideas.

"On March 4, 2010, President Obama signed into law the Travel Promotion Act (TPA) of 2009, Pub. L. No. 111-145. The Act directs the Secretary of Homeland Security to establish a fee for the use of the ESTA system, comprised of $10.00 for each VWP applicant receiving authorization to travel to the United States and $4.00 for the processing of the ESTA application. Applicants who are denied authorization to travel to the U.S. under the VWP will only be charged $4.00." :yesway: :rolleyes:

They are very generous to ONLY charge you four buck if your authorization is denied.
    I should do that too, ask people if they want to come to a party at my house and charge them even though I dont allow them to come once they paid. :):

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im glad I dont have to pay $600 for a travel visa like most people coming to the US do.
    So I guess paying $14 is cheap but it's still weird that you are forced to pay before you even travel there and can even be denied entry to the US once you get there.

Not to mention that you feel like a criminal when they take your prints and your picture once you get there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom