• Status
    Not open for further replies.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Went used car shopping today with my bro and sis in law. Drove an hour and a half to look at a Civic at Bosak auto. As soon as I saw it I told them no way would I give 7500 for it. Had a hole in the plastic bumper cover, scratches all over it and I mean all over and some rust on the hood. I let my brother and SIL deal with the salesman. They decided they didnt want it and the salesman was trying to do a hard sell then. He asked what would it take for them to buy it. I said knock 4 grand off the price. Yeh, I low balled him.:D He said he couldnt sell it for that.

It's been awhile since I seriously looked at used cars but damn, they want an arm and a leg for 'em.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Hi db, that's a funny car story. Lowed balled him alright :+1:
    Yup! The guy wasnt an ass but I didnt get where they thought the car was worth that much. He said they would drop 700 because of the rust spot and hole in the plastic because thats how much it would cost to fix it. :n00b:

I saw a antenna stuck to the inside of the windshield and asked him if it had an aftermarket remote start. He wasnt sure. :n00b:

Heres the car. Highland, IN 2005 Honda Civic VP Used Coupe Schererville, IN Munster, IN Bosak Honda Highland

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    well. did some work with the .308 :) took the stock apart, and put in about 5 pounds worth of flat iron. then to hold it in place i put that expanding foam stuff in there. IT WAS EVERYWHERE! took some cleaning up, but now it looks and FEELS like a true 308 should. cant wait to see how it affects the recoil. just dropped in. hope everyone has a good night. ill be on later as i have to work this evening.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    well. did some work with the .308 :) took the stock apart, and put in about 5 pounds worth of flat iron. then to hold it in place i put that expanding foam stuff in there. IT WAS EVERYWHERE! took some cleaning up, but now it looks and FEELS like a true 308 should. cant wait to see how it affects the recoil. just dropped in. hope everyone has a good night. ill be on later as i have to work this evening.
    Glad you're working. I was all alone last night and it was DEAD. What are your hours?

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Went used car shopping today with my bro and sis in law. Drove an hour and a half to look at a Civic at Bosak auto. As soon as I saw it I told them no way would I give 7500 for it. Had a hole in the plastic bumper cover, scratches all over it and I mean all over and some rust on the hood. I let my brother and SIL deal with the salesman. They decided they didnt want it and the salesman was trying to do a hard sell then. He asked what would it take for them to buy it. I said knock 4 grand off the price. Yeh, I low balled him.:D He said he couldnt sell it for that.

It's been awhile since I seriously looked at used cars but damn, they want an arm and a leg for 'em.

Which Bosak dealer?

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Yup! The guy wasnt an ass but I didnt get where they thought the car was worth that much. He said they would drop 700 because of the rust spot and hole in the plastic because thats how much it would cost to fix it. :n00b:

I saw a antenna stuck to the inside of the windshield and asked him if it had an aftermarket remote start. He wasnt sure. :n00b:

Heres the car. Highland, IN 2005 Honda Civic VP Used Coupe Schererville, IN Munster, IN Bosak Honda Highland

That's 5 minutes from my house. I could have ran over there and saved you the trip!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom