• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    You should ask some of the Veterans that have to deal with the VA hospitals and Insurance for their healthcare. I don't think Gov't ran healthcare is a good thing for anyone.

They can't even deliver the mail without losing tons of money. I don't want them in charge of my doctors.

I'll tell you about VA health hospitals and healthcare. It is a joke. Yeah for the most part everything has been paid for, but why should he have to wait for weeks, sometimes months for an appt. to be seen, why when he gets there should he wait hours on end because they are back logged. Why did they decline so many of his disabilities that came from his service in the war? the gov wants their nose into everything then they can't run it right. Our veterans deserve more than the joke they call the VA Hospital.
    One thing I can say is at least he gets his disability check delivered to savings on the first of every month without fail :rolleyes:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I'll tell you about VA health hospitals and healthcare. It is a joke. Yeah for the most part everything has been paid for, but why should he have to wait for weeks, sometimes months for an appt. to be seen, why when he gets there should he wait hours on end because they are back logged. Why did they decline so many of his disabilities that came from his service in the war? the gov wants their nose into everything then they can't run it right. Our veterans deserve more than the joke they call the VA Hospital.
    One thing I can say is at least he gets his disability check delivered to savings on the first of every month without fail :rolleyes:

I have a BIL that uses the VA Hospital in Dayton, OH. He will make an appoinment for something, wait 6 weeks, show up and be told it was cancelled for some BS reason and have to start the cycle all over again. It really sucks.:noway:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

These are the Stories I always hear about and warn my brother about. Him being an amputee now, he has a lot of continuing care involved in his life. So far the army and the VA have been great. I hope it's really changing for the better, but I won't hold my breath.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I'm doing pretty well. I can believe the temp is supposed to rise another 9 degrees. It's already hotter than lucifer's bedroom.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I have a BIL that uses the VA Hospital in Dayton, OH. He will make an appoinment for something, wait 6 weeks, show up and be told it was cancelled for some BS reason and have to start the cycle all over again. It really sucks.:noway:
    we've had that too, thankfully it is only on the other side of Indianapolis so not a long way for us. But if it is something that needs taken care of, it isn't. We have private insurance too and we learned it is just easier to bypass the VA, pay the deductible and be seen in a timely manner. Something not all vets can do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dcb500
    Top Bottom