Not open for further replies.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    You do realize what they do for a living... right? :facepalm:

I think they know about Furnaces and AC Units and pry know a lot of other people that do too.

That's like offering advice to John Moses Browning on machine guns

:lmfao:

yeah, but you can't go to lowes and buy an A/C compressor. You have to be a licensed refrigeration tech to buy the components. I am and I can. Sorry for asking a few questions and try and help. I guess the can just suffer then.
    :popcorn:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    yeah, but you can't go to lowes and buy an A/C compressor. You have to be a licensed refrigeration tech to buy the components. I am and I can. Sorry for asking a few questions and try and help. I guess the can just suffer then.

Westside, I think it was great that you were trying to help.

I didn't realize that you had to have a license to buy A/C parts. Learn something every day on INGO.:yesway:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

:facepalm:

Just meant I'm sure they know a few people that can get those parts and probably any parts they might need.

Geez, be a drama queen about it.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Westside, I think it was great that you were trying to help.

I didn't realize that you had to have a license to buy A/C parts. Learn something every day on INGO.:yesway:

it's because of the refrigerants some systems use are CFC's. so you get a certification to reclaim them from the system for proper disposal. As a result most supply place wont sale you anything unless they have your reclamation certification on file. (well at least the three in indy I buy parts from)

Good news is you take the test once pass it and the certification is good for life.

Last edited:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    newer systems all use HFC (good for the envioronment) refrigerants. down side is they run at much higher pressures than the CFC's. not really good or bad other than they are not compatible without retrofitting the system.

also the old CFC's are getting expensive to try and force people to the new stuff.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    :facepalm:

Just meant I'm sure they know a few people that can get those parts and probably any parts they might need.

Geez, be a drama queen about it.

And I was just trying to figure out what part it is and offer my help if they needed it.

you do realize I live less than a mile from where they work so dropping a part of too them on my way home is really easy to do.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Here's something weird. I called my insurance company today to check the rate on the car I want. I was driving a 12 year old pick up truck. The car I want is newer and its a GT with a 6-speed and a sunroof. Turns out the car is actually a few bucks cheaper to insure than the truck. :dunno:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Here's something weird. I called my insurance company today to check the rate on the car I want. I was driving a 12 year old pick up truck. The car I want is newer and its a GT with a 6-speed and a sunroof. Turns out the car is actually a few buck cheaper to insure than the truck. :dunno:

:rockwoot:

Sounds like it'll save you all kinds of money

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Here's something weird. I called my insurance company today to check the rate on the car I want. I was driving a 12 year old pick up truck. The car I want is newer and its a GT with a 6-speed and a sunroof. Turns out the car is actually a few buck cheaper to insure than the truck. :dunno:
    :rockwoot:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I had the same thing happen. Not as many years difference between my RAM 1500 and my Mazda, but a LOT cheaper for the newer car.

HotPocket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    With Daddy
    Here's something weird. I called my insurance company today to check the rate on the car I want. I was driving a 12 year old pick up truck. The car I want is newer and its a GT with a 6-speed and a sunroof. Turns out the car is actually a few bucks cheaper to insure than the truck. :dunno:

Congrats :rockwoot:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Its just really surprising that a sporty car is cheaper than an old truck. Especially since I also have two teenagers on my policy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom