Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5b9dbMFqaw[/ame]

I couldn't find a video showing the statue but here is a video from last week showing US vehicles in the village.
    I saw lots of those vehicles the other day, my neighbor has an original Jeep Willis.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    so you're saying if we want to come visit for the WW2 history, it should be around June 6th?

It doesn't have to be.We have museums open all year around I believe (he big ones anyway), and you can visit many sites all years around , go to the beach, cemeteries and such.
    If you visit around June 6th you will see many WW2 vehicles and things like that in the streets of some villages that you wont see during the rest of the year.
    But other than that you can see things related to WW2 all year around.
    And some sites will be less crowded if you dont come on June.

I know that today our president visited one of our largest museum and went to a few sites so you had people everywhere.It's almost impossible to visit when the president is here even though the museum was not closed.
    It will be even worse in 2 years when the US president and others will be here.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    You might just get your free lap dance when I come to Indy then. ;) :D

I helped another INGO member to plan a trip to Normandy for his daughter, im always glad to help.
    The region is beautiful and besides the WW2 things there are many other things to see and we have great restaurants with amazing food. :)

Im a proud Norman.

I'll take you up on that if we ever make it.

the lap dance

well we don't want Granny having a heart attack

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    It doesn't have to be.We have museums open all year around I believe (he big ones anyway), and you can visit many sites all years around , go to the beach, cemeteries and such.
    If you visit around June 6th you will see many WW2 vehicles and things like that in the streets of some villages that you wont see during the rest of the year.
    But other than that you can see things related to WW2 all year around.
    And some sites will be less crowded if you dont come on June.

I know that today our president visited one of our largest museum and went to a few sites so you had people everywhere.It's almost impossible to visit when the president is here even though the museum was not closed.
    It will be even worse in 2 years when the US president and others will be here.

Mr Obama did nothing in the US today... so if he is our president in 2 years don't count on him being there

Obama Not Scheduled to Commemorate D-Day | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    '09 was the last he did anything

we do not see him as a very patriotic man here.

Well im sure if he came to France each year for the D Day some people will still have something to say about that.Saying that he's wasting money, should focus on things in the US and such.

I don't have that many and you will probably never see them

I keep them where I choose if anyone sees them

I like the "probably", it means I still have a chance. :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Well im sure if he came to France each year for the D Day some people will still have something to say about that.Saying that he's wasting money, should focus on things in the US and such.

I like the "probably", it means I still have a chance. :D

I'm not saying he should go to France, but some type of an acknowledgement would be appreciated. These men that fought and died gave their all and he just walks on like it's another day.
    But I don't want to get all wrapped up in that.. I can't change him

Probably.. ask my kids what probably not means.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I am actually having another one done next Tuesday

My daughter designed it in memory of my Mom. She took next Tuesday off so I won't be alone when I go to the cemetery and told me she had it done and would call her artist to schedule an appt. while I am up there

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm not saying he should go to France, but some type of an acknowledgement would be appreciated. These men that fought and died gave their all and he just walks on like it's another day.
    But I don't want to get all wrapped up in that.. I can't change him

Probably.. ask my kids what probably not means.

You dont have to do anything special to think about those men, today or any other day.
    I know it's a bit different since he's president but because he doesn't do something official doesn't mean he just doesn't care.

I bet if he did something special some people would still say he's only campaining and doesn't actually care.

But I dunno, im not in his head.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom