• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Nope! When I joined you needed 10 to get in the classifieds!! so it took me a year to get the 10~~ and I was able to use the classifieds last week!! :rockwoot: :D
    Maybe back then you didn't need the same quality you do nowadays. :dunno:
    A post saying "hi" was judged high quality.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's lots of times faster. :n00b:
    They use tin cans and strings before? :D

Without getting too technical, yeah. It's a bit like trying to fill a pool with a garden hose, except you cut three feet out of the hose and replace it with a crazy straw, and then you can't figure out why it takes three weeks to fill your pool. I took out the hose and the pool, put in a much nicer built-in pool that you don't have to re-inflate every year, with pre-constructed places for future upgrades (like a slide, a pool cover, etc.) and I replaced the garden hose with a tanker truck and nozzle from a Saturn V rocket. And then I built a really nice fence around it and installed special locks so that you can have all of your friends over whenever they want, but give them each their own key card, so if your house is trashed while you're gone, you'll know who did it.

Oh, and I set it up so that you can add as many more pools as you want at any time. You know, just in case you need a wading pool, or a lap pool, or a doggy pool, or a... well, let's just say a "grotto", if you know what I mean (and I think you do). ;)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Without getting too technical, yeah. It's a bit like trying to fill a pool with a garden hose, except you cut three feet out of the hose and replace it with a crazy straw, and then you can't figure out why it takes three weeks to fill your pool. I took out the hose and the pool, put in a much nicer built-in pool that you don't have to re-inflate every year, with pre-constructed places for future upgrades (like a slide, a pool cover, etc.) and I replaced the garden hose with a tanker truck and nozzle from a Saturn V rocket. And then I built a really nice fence around it and installed special locks so that you can have all of your friends over whenever they want, but give them each their own key card, so if your house is trashed while you're gone, you'll know who did it.

Oh, and I set it up so that you can add as many more pools as you want at any time. You know, just in case you need a wading pool, or a lap pool, or a doggy pool, or a... well, let's just say a "grotto", if you know what I mean (and I think you do). ;)

:):

You got quite technical ... about pools.
    But I get it.
    Do you take care of INGO stuff too or is that not part of the "mod job"?

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper

I always thought you worked on network computer stuff...I'm sorry I've confused you with the pool man. My bad!!! :n00b:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    :):

You got quite technical ... about pools.
    But I get it.
    Do you take care of INGO stuff too or is that not part of the "mod job"?

At the moment, yes...ish. We actually have a server guy who is much better at optimizing and maintaining vBulletin than I. After the events of the weekend, I'm trying to get out of any tasks I still do, but it will take time.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

I want a pool with a slide!! :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I always thought you worked on network computer stuff...I'm sorry I've confused you with the pool man. My bad!!! :n00b:

Oh, I could put it in computer-speak, but people's eye's usually glaze over after the second word. Then they scream "NERD!" and run away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom