• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    So my house closing is next friday. And I have some furniture in the house still. Called Salvation Army so they could pick it up and take it to the Southern Indiana Tornado Victims. I ask for a time frame and a phone call when they might be 30 min out because its at least a 30 minute drive.

They call at 9:40 to give me a reminder. The driver apparently got there at 9:40. They call at 10:00 to say the driver has been waiting for 20 minutes. Driver leaves at 10:15, and my brother gets there at 10:20 and passes the truck on the way.

WTF?!?!? How am I supposed to help if they're gonna be jerks about it? He was pretty pissy on the phone when he called at 10:00 also.
    :noway:

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Salvation army I'm sure does a lot of good, but I can tell you first hand, working with them is a freaking nightmare.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Salvation army I'm sure does a lot of good, but I can tell you first hand, working with them is a freaking nightmare.

I'm finding that out. Makes it hard to actually try to help out when they're so difficult to work with.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    ok

now she is telling me the ultrasound is because she is measuring smaller than last week and he fears she is leaking water. If that is the case he will induce today.

Oh boy

**** I am nervous

I wonder if I will be this way when it's my daughter and not my dil? I wasn't anxious with my dil, of course I'm 4 hours away and figured I'd never make it.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    If nothing else, just put it on the curb with a Free sign, it will be gone by morning.

I could call Goodwill too, I was just trying to donate it to the Tornado Victims in Southern Indiana. Getting rid of them won't be a problem. Its a nice couch and end tables. But trying to help out those in need seems to be extremely difficult.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I could call Goodwill too, I was just trying to donate it to the Tornado Victims in Southern Indiana. Getting rid of them won't be a problem. Its a nice couch and end tables. But trying to help out those in need seems to be extremely difficult.
    My experience has always been they are more than willing to take your donations as long as it is on there terms and they way the want to do it.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    My experience has always been they are more than willing to take your donations as long as it is on there terms and they way the want to do it.

Yup, such a pain in the butt. Maybe if their workers would have better attitudes also.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    My wife likes to check out local Goodwills when she rides with me while I'm working. I will drop her off and come back and pick her up an hour later after my sales call.
    My favorite was one in Champlain, IL. When they opened, they had an Armed Guard. To make sure people wasn't stealing anything. The inventory was 100% donated and they were that worried about theft?????

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

Yup, such a pain in the butt. Maybe if their workers would have better attitudes also.

I don't know about Indiana, but in Ohio if you get public assistance in cash, you have to work something like 80 hours a month. Alot of the people working in Goodwill's there are doing their volunteer hours for their public assistance. That's why their attitude is so crappy, they don't want to work there.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    My wife likes to check out local Goodwills when she rides with me while I'm working. I will drop her off and come back and pick her up an hour later after my sales call.
    My favorite was one in Champlain, IL. When they opened, they had an Armed Guard. To make sure people wasn't stealing anything. The inventory was 100% donated and they were that worried about theft?????
    Yep. If people steal the donations the board of directors can't line there pockets with $100 bills.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I don't know about Indiana, but in Ohio if you get public assistance in cash, you have to work something like 80 hours a month. Alot of the people working in Goodwill's there are doing their volunteer hours for their public assistance. That's why their attitude is so crappy, they don't want to work there.

There's nothing like that in IN that I am aware of. But I like the thought process.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    There's nothing like that in IN that I am aware of. But I like the thought process.

Yeah, I thought it was a good ideal too. If you get cash assistance, you do some kind of community service 20 hours a week. They were really flexible too, she would just do something like 2 10 hour days a week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom