• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I thought he shot you with live rounds.It's a thing we crazy people do in France during training. :D

101_2972.JPG

We call it "tir de confiance", or "trust shot" in english.

It's to be used to shoot under stress, since if you miss you kill someone.
    And the person being shot at learn to trust his partner's aim.

But safey first! Always use two vests just in case. :D
    And ears and eyes protection of course. :yesway:

The shooter is usually 15 yards away, with a .357 revolver shooting in single action.

It's lots of stress for both shooters but that's realistic training.

Not sure of the distance, but about that.
    That's an old pic but that gives you an idea.
    I love the chopper on the background, if you shoot that you are screwed too. :D

gign-historique-1994-02.jpg

Not sure how I missed this the first time.

How exactly is that a "trust shot"? I've seen trust shots before, but they normally amounted to a person standing next to a target, and the purpose was to NOT hit the person, thereby trusting in his ability to not shoot you.

This looks more like a bullet proof vest demonstration. All the trust is in the vest, not the shooter. :dunno:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Not sure how I missed this the first time.

How exactly is that a "trust shot"? I've seen trust shots before, but they normally amounted to a person standing next to a target, and the purpose was to NOT hit the person, thereby trusting in his ability to not shoot you.

This looks more like a bullet proof vest demonstration. All the trust is in the vest, not the shooter. :dunno:

Maybe its so you can learn to trust that they won't shoot you in the face? :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Maybe its so you can learn to trust that they won't shoot you in the face? :dunno:

That's the point.
    You put your life in the hand of the shooter and you learn that he can take the shot under high stress.
    It also teaches the person being shot at what it feels like to have a gun pointed at you, and shooting live rounds, like you would experience in combat.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    That's the point.
    You put your life in the hand of the shooter and you learn that he can take the shot under high stress.
    It also teaches the person being shot at what it feels like to have a gun pointed at you, and shooting live rounds, like you would experience in combat.

Sorry, but if I were the instructor both of the people picture would have failed the test.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    You only fail if you dont let the other person shoot you, or if you shoot the person in the head.

I just don't see that as a reasonable simulation of battle stress. There is no desire to harm or injure from either party, yet they are intentionally putting themselves in a situation where either could happen.

So in my mind you fail if your dumb enough to let somebody shoot you or shoot at someone that is not a threat.

I don't mean this personally towards you at all. I don't know if this is something you actually have done or not. Its just my :twocents:.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom