• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It gets better. The software uses default passwords and there's no way to change them. WTF? Seriously, who designs software in the 21st century that not only has no security, but won't work if there's any other security in place to protect it?!

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    It gets better. The software uses default passwords and there's no way to change them. WTF? Seriously, who designs software in the 21st century that not only has no security, but won't work if there's any other security in place to protect it?!

This isn't a Microsoft product is it?

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    are you sure this isnt from the 20th and just still in production as I have seen it happen

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This isn't a Microsoft product is it?

No. Say what you want about Microsoft, but they at least have security in mind. They may or may not be good at it, but they're at least trying. This is industrial software. The entire field is super scary. It's usually developed by companies that don't specialize in software and operated by people who can't spell "computer". That mean if you put anything in the way of them pushing the shiny button that says "Do all my work", then they can't figure out how to use it. Seriously, if you ever look at the command and control software being used in manufacturing, you wouldn't be able to go to sleep at night. I'm, frankly, astonished that every single manufacturer in the country hasn't been 0wn3d by every hacker out there.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    No. Say what you want about Microsoft, but they at least have security in mind. They may or may not be good at it, but they're at least trying. This is industrial software. The entire field is super scary. It's usually developed by companies that don't specialize in software and operated by people who can't spell "computer". That mean if you put anything in the way of them pushing the shiny button that says "Do all my work", then they can't figure out how to use it. Seriously, if you ever look at the command and control software being used in manufacturing, you wouldn't be able to go to sleep at night. I'm, frankly, astonished that every single manufacturer in the country hasn't been 0wn3d by every hacker out there.

That is true.

I write custom control software using PLC all the time. It's a lot harder than "standard" programing. because it monitors everything all the time and is not sequential like a regular program. It is two completely different mindsets to program in, and people who don't think it all through can make it hard and complicated very quickly.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.

This all sounds very familiar! Some of the stuff I see around here is silly!:n00b:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    That is true.

I write custom control software using PLC all the time. It's a lot harder than "standard" programing. because it monitors everything all the time and is not sequential like a regular program. It is two completely different mindsets to program in, and people who don't think it all through can make it hard and complicated very quickly.

:scratch:

Programs are sequential? :dunno:

Besides "Hello World" I haven't written anything that was sequential in a long long long time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom