• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Unless it was severe we wouldnt ban first thing. We'd give the offending party a time out for a day to think about. That person would be notified about what was happening and why. We felt a 24 hour cooling off period was good for keeping things from getting further out of hand.

Permabans are pretty rare around here, too, except in egregious cases. Most of the time, just stepping in and asking people to calm down does the trick, but not always.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Permabans are pretty rare around here, too, except in egregious cases. Most of the time, just stepping in and asking people to calm down does the trick, but not always.

Thats what happened

STEP OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE STOP ACTING LIKE MY PARENT

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thats the sticky right?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ucks_please_change_it_for_my_convenience.html

EDIT: I think he was unbanned? I saw shooter status once

That's the aggregate thread I created to dump all of the "change it for me!" threads people made. Seemed to make sense to merge them all. This is the guy I was talking about. He was a hoot.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/178859-new_member_impressions.html

Are the mods still here?! I want to tell at them!

I don't like being told at.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    ought oh....so now two mods know more about me than probably anyone else on INGO. :runaway:

Well except ME

scout-sniper.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    ought oh....so now two mods know more about me than probably anyone else on INGO. :runaway:

Well, mostly it was talking about the talking, not about what the discussion was. I know you live on a farm and that you made your husband and (grandfather?) wait in the car for an hour and a half. I hoped you at least cracked the window for them.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    That's the aggregate thread I created to dump all of the "change it for me!" threads people made. Seemed to make sense to merge them all. This is the guy I was talking about. He was a hoot.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/178859-new_member_impressions.html

How did I miss that? Dang it. I also missed the thread about that guy calling me out. Of course I did get to participate in the ''You can own and carry but if you defend yourself your screwed.'' Thread. I loved your first response I might it as my sig line

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

Same wih us. I think the longest ban I handed out was 1 month. Some came back and some didnt. When I had a quick trigger it usually involved racist posts.

having been in your shoes I dont envy your job here but all of you do a hell of job. I know that what people here see just scratches the surface of what goes on.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I always miss it. My favorite moment on INGO ever was the PM I got from a mod telling me they didn't believe I was 12 ( At the time ) Because of my political opinions

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Well, mostly it was talking about the talking, not about what the discussion was. I know you live on a farm and that you made your husband and (grandfather?) wait in the car for an hour and a half. I hoped you at least cracked the window for them.

Nope that would racist...they're big boys they can operate a window :laugh:

It was my husband and Dad...they got a hoot out of teasing me how I could talk to some one I just met for so long.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Of course I did get to participate in the ''You can own and carry but if you defend yourself your screwed.'' Thread. I loved your first response I might it as my sig line

That guy was a returning banned member. That thread was created specifically to troll the board.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    That guy was a returning banned member. That thread was created specifically to troll the board.

Yeah. I think he stated that. I thought I wouldn't able to join the forum because of my age at first. I wouldn't troll if I was banned. I promise :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom