OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I know ,right :facepalm:
    So really on your own property if you shoot across a pond would you be brakeing the law :dunno:

Yes!

Well, according the officer that stopped by my house I grew up in. I had a neighbor who didn't like me shooting out my back yard that called the cops. But instead of complaining about the noise, he thought it would be a good idea to say we were shooting AT him :facepalm:

After he realized the guy was full of crap he was like "Well, I could still write you up for shooting across a body of water". We then had a nice discussion about what a body of water entailed and how insane and unprovable it would be and that he shouldn't waste his time and just get on with his day.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Yes!

Well, according the officer that stopped by my house I grew up in. I had a neighbor who didn't like me shooting out my back yard that called the cops. But instead of complaining about the noise, he thought it would be a good idea to say we were shooting AT him :facepalm:

After he realized the guy was full of crap he was like "Well, I could still write you up for shooting across a body of water". We then had a nice discussion about what a body of water entailed and how insane and unprovable it would be and that he shouldn't waste his time and just get on with his day.
    Ok so if i had a pond and it was over 200 yards to the other side and i put up a target on the other side and shoot at it -- i would be braking the law?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Ok so if i had a pond and it was over 200 yards to the other side and i put up a target on the other side and shoot at it -- i would be braking the law?

I would say yes because it is a body of water. But proving it on the law enforcement side could be tricky. I know I wouldn't volunteer the information :dunno:

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    I would say yes because it is a body of water. But proving it on the law enforcement side could be tricky. I know I wouldn't volunteer the information :dunno:
    :yesway: i understand MrsG ***but that would mean you would want to make sure you take down the target every time you was done or if a law enforcement showed up ,it would be hard to say nawwwwwwww i never did that :D

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

I'm pretty sure it will depend on the officer that would get sent to your house.

If I had a backstop set up, I'd make sure I could shoot at it without going across the water too. Just so you wouldn't get accused of it even if someone thought you did.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom