• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    That's the great thing about being able to "try before you buy".

I find that its certainly the largest light I would be comfortable carrying regularly. However, the difference in "carryability" between it and the PT2L is negligible.
    Yeah, you forget that I'm shorter and fatter than you... Jeans are tighter, hands aren't as big, not as much room in my pockets. I'm also going from the much smaller E2E.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Yeah, you forget that I'm shorter and fatter than you... Jeans are tighter, hands aren't as big, not as much room in my pockets. I'm also going from the much smaller E2E.

I'll drop it by work later tonight and you can try it on your days off. Then you'll know for sure.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok, thanks!

You really are a drug dealer.

Part that, and part I don't like people spending good money on gear if it doesn't fit their needs. Taking some amount of "risk" to review some gear is interesting to me personally, but so is helping people find what fits best. If my spending some $$ helps someone else save theirs, then I get added value for my money.

Its just that, in some (most) cases, my spending money actually has the opposite effect. :D

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Part that, and part I don't like people spending good money on gear if it doesn't fit their needs. Taking some amount of "risk" to review some gear is interesting to me personally, but so is helping people find what fits best. If my spending some $$ helps someone else save theirs, then I get added value for my money.

Its just that, in some (most) cases, my spending money actually has the opposite effect. :D

I will be going to the Aimpoint booth at the next gunshow ( For some odd reason they are always in Dallas market hall ) Maybe Trijicon will be there. I will bring my AR to mount them on and test.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin

Roadie and I think you have a kick back program set up.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I will be going to the Aimpoint booth at the next gunshow ( For some odd reason they are always in Dallas market hall ) Maybe Trijicon will be there. I will bring my AR to mount them on and test.

The biggest issue I have with your recent comparisons of Aimpoints to ACOGs is that they are apples and oranges-- top-of-the-line apples and oranges actually.

They serve two completely different purposes, for two different shooting styles.

Picking between the two should be as easy as asking "how do I intend to shoot?"

If you want to shoot 0-200 yards then get an Aimpoint, not an ACOG. If you want to shoot 50-600+ yards then get an ACOG.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom