• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Still, it feels good to know it's "paid for".
    True, and I did actually get a little money buy letting the money sit in my saving and draw interest.

only outstanding debt we have is our house. we own both our cars and have no student loans or credit card debt. :rockwoot:

not bad for two newly weds, one being a 27 year old engineer and the other a 23 year old RN.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    True, and I did actually get a little money buy letting the money sit in my saving and draw interest.

only outstanding debt we have is our house. we own both our cars and have no student loans or credit card debt. :rockwoot:

not bad for two newly weds, one being a 27 year old engineer and the other a 23 year old RN.

That's the way to be. I ran up some credit card debt while I was out of work for 18 months. When the debt is all paid down, there will be no more. Paying cash for everything from now on. I have to keep a couple of credit cards because I travel so much, but no more carrying a balance once it's gone.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    That's the way to be. I ran up some credit card debt while I was out of work for 18 months. When the debt is all paid down, there will be no more. Paying cash for everything from now on. I have to keep a couple of credit cards because I travel so much, but no more carrying a balance once it's gone.
    We use a marriot rewards card for most of a purchases. and in the end we get a free night or two a year depending on the hotel out of it. But, we never carry a month to month balance.

When you are out of work that long. It would be almost impossible to not rack up some debt.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    We use a marriot rewards card for most of a purchases. and in the end we get a free night or two a year depending on the hotel out of it. But, we never carry a month to month balance.

When you are out of work that long. It would be almost impossible to not rack up some debt.

Yeah, especially when you have two mortgages and child support. And being unemployed just a year after giving up 1/2 of everything you own in a divorce.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    And if you are ever out of work, DO NOT EVER fall behind in your income tax payments to the Indiana Department of Revenue. Believe me, they can be a living hell to deal with. It's unbelievable the dealings I have had with them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom