• Status
    Not open for further replies.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    It is good news. I really wish I didn't let my job affect my happiness so much. I had to file FMLA paperwork because I've been gone so long. We had to fill out more paperwork so that insurance could still pay me for being gone. It's not as much as what I make working, but I was smart enough to know that my health is crap after having cancer that we bought in to it and now it's paying for itself many times over.

Even though I am on FMLA, my boss asked if I felt coming in for a few hours this week (because I'm scheduled for my monthly Saturday this week). I, of course, said hell no because 1. I'm on FMLA!!! DUH! 2. It's illegal to work while on FMLA and insurance could probably sue for trying to scam them and 3. I'm salaried and wouldn't get paid for it anyway.

And yes, I know, I'm looking for a new job. I've looked for almost a year and I've not found one quite yet. I just need someone to realize how awesome I am and how hard I really do work and I'll find something. Capitalism won't fail me.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    It is good news. I really wish I didn't let my job affect my happiness so much. I had to file FMLA paperwork because I've been gone so long. We had to fill out more paperwork so that insurance could still pay me for being gone. It's not as much as what I make working, but I was smart enough to know that my health is crap after having cancer that we bought in to it and now it's paying for itself many times over.

Even though I am on FMLA, my boss asked if I felt coming in for a few hours this week (because I'm scheduled for my monthly Saturday this week). I, of course, said hell no because 1. I'm on FMLA!!! DUH! 2. It's illegal to work while on FMLA and insurance could probably sue for trying to scam them and 3. I'm salaried and wouldn't get paid for it anyway.

And yes, I know, I'm looking for a new job. I've looked for almost a year and I've not found one quite yet. I just need someone to realize how awesome I am and how hard I really do work and I'll find something. Capitalism won't fail me.

And the good Lord provides even for the stupidest of people.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    And I don't mean to sound like I am bad mouthing my boss. I've had some amazing bosses before but this is the same one who when I found out I had cancer said it would be better if I just quit. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHHAAA

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom