Not open for further replies.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Boy, it seems like the biggest PITA customers are the ones who place the smallest orders, or the ones who you have to tell that we can't do what they want.
    Just got off of the phone with a guy who wanted to use our product in a way it's not designed for. He was P/O'ed when I told him I would not sell him the product he wants.
    We have a lifetime warranty and I'm not going to sell the guy something I KNOW will be a problem in 5 years.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Boy, it seems like the biggest PITA customers are the ones who place the smallest orders, or the ones who you have to tell that we can't do what they want.
    Just got off of the phone with a guy who wanted to use our product in a way it's not designed for. He was P/O'ed when I told him I would not sell him the product he wants.
    We have a lifetime warranty and I'm not going to sell the guy something I KNOW will be a problem in 5 years.

Here's a thought tell him to send you a signed and notarized letter stating that he will never seek warranty work/replacement for any products he ever orders and you will gladly sell him the product at 1.5x normal cost.:D

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Here's a thought tell him to send you a signed and notarized letter stating that he will never seek warranty work/replacement for any products he ever orders and you will gladly sell him the product at 1.5x normal cost.:D

Yeah, that works sometime, but in this case what he wants to do could be dangerous. If the product failed and someone was injured, even with a Doc like that some lawyers could own the company.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    The old adage that "The customers always right" doesn't work when the customer wants to use your product in a way that you know will not work. He is P/oed, but I really did the guy a favor.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    The old adage that "The customers always right" doesn't work when the customer wants to use your product in a way that you know will not work. He is P/oed, but I really did the guy a favor.
    True....This is why I just call people and tell them I need 1 of whatever. and say who do you want paid.:D

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    :nuts:

In high school I worked at Autozone and we had a customer bring back a brand new starter and demanded his money back because it didn't work. We hooked it up to the machine and sure enough, it didn't work. We asked what happened and he proceded to tell us that he tore it apart (completely) to see if he could figure out how to fix his broken one and when he put the new one back together it wouldn't work.

:facepalm:

Nope, sorry. Pretty sure you just voided the warranty. Enjoy your paper weight.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World

In high school I worked at Autozone and we had a customer bring back a brand new starter and demanded his money back because it didn't work. We hooked it up to the machine and sure enough, it didn't work. We asked what happened and he proceded to tell us that he tore it apart (completely) to see if he could figure out how to fix his broken one and when he put the new one back together it wouldn't work.

I believe this.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Good afternoon folks. I started routing a kitchen today that has 23 cabinets. 3 sink bases and 2 huge utility cabinets. Some lady is gonna be happy :)

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

Yep, I could see this happening. I wonder if Kroger would take back the 2 jugs of Ice Melt I bought in December??? I'm not gonna do it, but I wonder??

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Do you build the doors also, or buy them outside? It's been a long time, but I remember a company out of PA called Chattagooga or Conestoga or something like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom