Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    What you got wrong with your stomach?

:dunno: wait'n on doctors and tests, last I heard.

Yup. What she said...I've got another appt for this coming Tuesday to see if he finally wants to do the surgery now. I have an obstruction in my small intestine that they need to work on. If the surgeon balks again, I'm going back to my family doc for a different referral.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Hey, how's your Daddy?

Well, they cancelled his surgery Tuesday morning because they thought he was in major heart failure and needed a pacemaker immediately. I didn't question them too hard because I was watching the monitor and his heart rate was 46 and skipping beats, plus I'm not a cardiologist with lots of schooling. Seems that doesn't matter because it turns out they read the ekg wrong and he's fine. His heart is normally slow but he said they had him all warm and snug with hot blankets and he was sleepy, so he was really relaxed, hence the slower than normal heart rate. He's had an irregular heart beat for years too. By the time we realized they had read the ekg wrong it was too late to have the surgery. So they apologized a number of times and rescheduled for next Tuesday. :rolleyes:
    We have spent the last couple days seeing his regular doctor and changed one of his medications to help speed up his heart rate and making for sure he's ready and cleared for surgery next Tuesday. :faint:

I only have about 50 more grey hairs now.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Well, they cancelled his surgery Tuesday morning because they thought he was in major heart failure and needed a pacemaker immediately. I didn't question them too hard because I was watching the monitor and his heart rate was 46 and skipping beats, plus I'm not a cardiologist with lots of schooling. Seems that doesn't matter because it turns out they read the ekg wrong and he's fine. His heart is normally slow but he said they had him all warm and snug with hot blankets and he was sleepy, so he was really relaxed, hence the slower than normal heart rate. He's had an irregular heart beat for years too. By the time we realized they had read the ekg wrong it was too late to have the surgery. So they apologized a number of times and rescheduled for next Tuesday. :rolleyes:
    We have spent the last couple days seeing his regular doctor and changed one of his medications to help speed up his heart rate and making for sure he's ready and cleared for surgery next Tuesday. :faint:

I do too after reading this. I swear I quit breathing until I got to the part he was just warm and snug.

HotPocket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    With Daddy

Sorry they jacked it all up, but I am glad he do'n good.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I just got here for the night. not going to stay long, basically stopped to check messages and say hi and chat a few. been a long day

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Sorry they jacked it all up, but I am glad he do'n good.

As aggrivated as I was that they misread it, I couldn't be mad because he's fine and doesn't need a pacemaker. They erred on the side of caution and I'd rather they did that than let him into surgery and have something really wrong.

Oh a side note, he's laying there telling me he's not getting a pacemaker because he's too old and tired. He doesn't want to prolong his life, so I'm dealing with thinking he's going to die soon. :(

So I was very thankful to find out it was all a mistake.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    hp I gave your biscuit recipe to Tony at the shop today.. IJW and I were talking about it and he asked for it. I hope you don't mind? :scared:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom