• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Man, you coulda' come. There was even a sort of mud bog going on. I'm sure you could have gotten the buggy nice and muddy.

Well, nobody told me anything about it! It wasn't too cold today either. I've often wondered if there was some property around here to shoot on.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Well, nobody told me anything about it! It wasn't too cold today either. I've often wondered if there was some property around here to shoot on.

Well, the answer is "maybe."

The property owner has shot there many times. However, today was the first time that there were MP5s, M16s, Mosins, shotguns, handguns, pretty much a mini PW style shoot going off in his horse field.

That got some attention. First officer said "have fun" but then a second rolled up and he wasn't sure it was allowed. Something about "old city limits" and "new city limits" and the property being under "farm rules."

While we had no problems, they asked us to stop until they could verify the legality of shooting there.

:dunno:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    While we had no problems, they asked us to stop until they could verify the legality of shooting there.

If you had one of our more aggressive friends with you, he could have told them you would keep shooting while they went and checked on it.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    If you had one of our more aggressive friends with you, he could have told them you would keep shooting while they went and checked on it.

Some of our "more aggressive" friends were there. One took his NFA paperwork to show the officers "just in case" but the property owner (while annoyed at the situation) wanted to hold off, so he did.

I won't argue with a person who invites us to their property to shoot. ;)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Well, the answer is "maybe."

The property owner has shot there many times. However, today was the first time that there were MP5s, M16s, Mosins, shotguns, handguns, pretty much a mini PW style shoot going off in his horse field.

That got some attention. First officer said "have fun" but then a second rolled up and he wasn't sure it was allowed. Something about "old city limits" and "new city limits" and the property being under "farm rules."

Understood. The last thing I want to do is help get somebody (or myself) in trouble. Was there a hill or some other kind of safe backstop?

I'd have to research to find references but IIRC, it would be within the law as long as its being done in a safe manner and no rounds leave the property. There was a push a while back to expand the area where it is illegal but it was unsuccessful. The "old city limits" they are referring to is basically Center Township.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Some of our "more aggressive" friends were there. One took his NFA paperwork to show the officers "just in case" but the property owner (while annoyed at the situation) wanted to hold off, so he did.

I won't argue with a person who invites us to their property to shoot. ;)

I would never argue with anyone in general if I can avoid it.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Understood. The last thing I want to do is help get somebody (or myself) in trouble. Was there a hill or some other kind of safe backstop?

The way the land was, the targets were put at the bottom of a dip in the field. So while no giant berm or anything, it would have been difficult to send one out of the area unless you were really trying.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    The way the land was, the targets were put at the bottom of a dip in the field. So while no giant berm or anything, it would have been difficult to send one out of the area unless you were really trying.

Cool! :yesway: I completely understand if it doesn't work out, but if it does, you know how to get a hold of me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom