• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Just did a walk-around of the homestead. All gutters completely full of ice. Ice dams in roof valleys a foot thick in places. Tarp over the cab of my truck in the drive did a good job, no scraping needed and doors are clear. Surprisingly, the garage door opened on its own. It got caught on ice and would not close though. Chipped a 3 inch thick slab of ice away from the opening so it would. I have no large trees but all the dead branches are now out of my willow. Much of the ice on trees and shrubs has fallen off and branches are no longer sagging. Kept power the whole time despite IPL reporting many outages in my area. Walked around the whole yard and never broke through the snow.

All in all, it certainly could have been much worse.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Just did a walk-around of the homestead. All gutters completely full of ice. Ice dams in roof valleys a foot thick in places. Tarp over the cab of my truck in the drive did a good job, no scraping needed and doors are clear. Surprisingly, the garage door opened on its own. It got caught on ice and would not close though. Chipped a 3 inch thick slab of ice away from the opening so it would. I have no large trees but all the dead branches are now out of my willow. Much of the ice on trees and shrubs has fallen off and branches are no longer sagging. Kept power the whole time despite IPL reporting many outages in my area. Walked around the whole yard and never broke through the snow.

All in all, it certainly could have been much worse.
    what are you doing? that sounds too much like work.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    funny-cat-10.jpg

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    wow... cleaned off my sidewalk, and part of the driveway. that stuff is thick. no fun chiseling ice of the drive.

I need my M2 Flamethrower

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    wow... cleaned off my sidewalk, and part of the driveway. that stuff is thick. no fun chiseling ice of the drive.

I need my M2 Flamethrower

That stuff is gonna be on my street for weeks. If I can handle driving on that, I figure I can handle driving on my driveway. :D

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    That stuff is gonna be on my street for weeks. If I can handle driving on that, I figure I can handle driving on my driveway. :D

I need to get at least half my driveway clean so my car can make it up to get in the garage.

That's my goal anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom