mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Chilling in the basement...eating chips and spinach dip. We had hotdogs on the grill with lots of leftovers from yesterday's party for lunch with some friends. I am trying to rehydrate after maybe one glass too much of sangria. Trying to gear up for tomorrow helping the neighbor lady. We have no appointments but she is declining and her daughter is very concerned. We talked today about how she was since I was there on Friday. Things are not looking great so there may be some decisions to be made in the near future. I think she is giving up....

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Oh I hate to hear that Mom. It's so sad to see that.

I saw another squirrel and I ate while I was at it. Damn that chicken was good, if I do say so myself :):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am very attached to her so am not giving up on her, but things have not been good for at least a month now. Trying to get her pain meds adjusted and then her primary care doctor added another med that may be causing side effects. It may just be a medication adjustment needed, but she it having significant issues with getting around and caring for her needs. Her daughter and I have had more frequent discussions about what we are seeing and trying to figure out what we can do to help her or if there is something that can be done.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I am very attached to her so am not giving up on her, but things have not been good for at least a month now. Trying to get her pain meds adjusted and then her primary care doctor added another med that may be causing side effects. It may just be a medication adjustment needed, but she it having significant issues with getting around and caring for her needs. Her daughter and I have had more frequent discussions about what we are seeing and trying to figure out what we can do to help her or if there is something that can be done.

never give up. keep pushing and demanding answers. I know you know this, but hearing "medication side effects" makes me so angry. Doctors don't listen

arrggghhhhh

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    never give up. keep pushing and demanding answers. I know you know this, but hearing "medication side effects" makes me so angry. Doctors don't listen

arrggghhhhh

I'm honestly not sure at this point if it is medication side effects or something more. She has had more UTI's and those cause confusion/falls, etc. She has had visitors from out of town this past month...her brother from Florida and her son and his wife, and that is exhausting for her as well. Add to that two med changes and a confirmed UTI that may or may not be resolved. We had some labs done Friday so hope to have those results tomorrow. Her daughter is calling her primary care doctor tomorrow as well so we can try to figure this out.

My mom is also scheduled for some surgery in July so I'm just feeilng a little overwhelmed right now.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I'm honestly not sure at this point if it is medication side effects or something more. She has had more UTI's and those cause confusion/falls, etc. She has had visitors from out of town this past month...her brother from Florida and her son and his wife, and that is exhausting for her as well. Add to that two med changes and a confirmed UTI that may or may not be resolved. We had some labs done Friday so hope to have those results tomorrow. Her daughter is calling her primary care doctor tomorrow as well so we can try to figure this out.

My mom is also scheduled for some surgery in July so I'm just feeilng a little overwhelmed right now.

Mom always had issues with UTI's and when she did, she would get weak, fall and end up in the ER and twice rehab. I'll pray for all of you

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    DB, Mom... did you see last night I suggested a root beer float when I am up next weekend, Red suggested Mexican, I said "Let's do both"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom